Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
on line
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to this site, as I don't actually own an X yet. I'm picking up an 06 Charcoal X Off Road 4x4 MT (2 inch BL) with the Fosgate Stereo and 07 I-pod connection on saturday. Other upgrades I plan on over the next year are sliders and maybe some better skid plates. Also, I found this website that offers Dash trim kits:
http://www.customautotrim.com/dashkits/Nissan/Xterra/2005-9999/05XA-XTERA/
I'll probably put in the polished nickel. Anyway, I'm still debating what kind of intake and exhaust. Sounds like most people are happy with the Gibson 2.5" exhaust.... how about intake? Nissan's website offers aftermarket parts such as intake (375.00 installed) and headers (675.00 intalled). I've heard the headers are not worth the money, but not much feedback about the intake. Any thoughts on this?

·
on line
46 Posts
I had the nismo intake in my Z...not much of a performance gain...but sounded nice and my MPG went up a bit...loooked good under the hood too

·
on line
1,884 Posts
Welcome to the site! Are you doing the BL or is the dealer?

·
on line
3,217 Posts
Niggs welcome to the club. :wave:

·
on line
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the welcome!
I'm having the dealer do the BL, as they will warranty it. Plus, I've talked them down to doing it for 450.00 (which i think is a decent deal).
I appreciate the feedback on the intake. I'm looking for a better sound and hopefully a slight improvement on MPG. I think I'll give the NISMO a try.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts