Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

41 - 60 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Do keep in mind that technically that info belongs to Nissan until you pay for it, so it wouldn't be a good idea to share this sort of thing.

Whether you agree with this is not the point, just saying that they are within their rights to demand it be taken down.

Shirley you all remember Napster and the like? (and the olden days of pre-corporate internet we got to enjoy for awhile [this aside])...

·
Registered
5,402 Posts
Shirley you all remember Napster and the like? (and the olden days of pre-corporate internet we got to enjoy for awhile [this aside])...
No I don't think anyone under the age of, approximately, 30 recalls that. Millennials (I'm sad to say I fall into the group) are F'ing things over for the rest of us... And don't call me Shirley.

·
TNX Veteran
4,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
The olden days I remember was when the internet wasn't a word, and to share information you had to carry around a box of 5 1/4" floppy disks, because they hadn't come out with the 3.5" version yet. :wink:

·
Registered
3,814 Posts
The olden days I remember was when the internet wasn't a word, and to share information you had to carry around a box of 5 1/4" floppy disks, because they hadn't come out with the 3.5" version yet. :wink:
Then someone showed you the paper punch trick and suddenly capacity was doubled!

Reactions: Kilo Sierra

·
Premium Member
527 Posts
VIC 20...by cassette!

Reactions: Brunnie

·
Premium Member
417 Posts
I had the Commodore 64...... Damn, I'm getting long in the tooth....

·
Registered
3,814 Posts
I had the Commodore 64...... Damn, I'm getting long in the tooth....
The first modem I ever saw was a kid who had upgraded to a 128. He had to lay the phone handset in the cradle for the connection :surprise:

I'm ok with being old(er) :)

Reactions: Kirzzy

·
TNX Veteran
4,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 · (Edited)
Commodore 64 was the first computer my Dad bought, and yes it still used the cassettes for every program you wanted to run..... I was 15 at the time. We had the Commodore PET at our Jr High.

A Desk Top was something you wrote on.
Personal Computers as we know them didn't exist.
Laptops were part of your anatomy.
The F16 was a brand new Fighter Jet
The Iranian Hostage Crisis hadn't happened yet.
Jimmy Carter was President.
Saturday Night Fever and Star Wars were new hit Movie's.

And last but not least........ My Daughter is a Millennial, and I was 32 when she was born in 1999.

·
Premium Member
527 Posts
The first modem I ever saw was a kid who had upgraded to a 128. He had to lay the phone handset in the cradle for the connection :surprise:

I'm ok with being old(er) :)
I remember watching Wargames and then bugging my Mom to get one!

She said "No way." :frown: To this day I'm sure she thought I was going to try to hack into NORAD.

·
Registered
38 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Nissan Xterra S
611 Posts
What's Napster? Cassette? Commodore? I remember getting booted from the internet when my parents needed to make a phone call. That was horrible. I do not know how I survived back then.

Also you can just run a vpn and torrent anything these days. Hosted VPN's cost like $5 a year.

·
Registered
3,814 Posts
I remember getting booted from the internet when my parents needed to make a phone call. That was horrible. I do not know how I survived back then.
The day I figured out I could use two phone lines at the same time to connect to the internet and double my speed, 112k! :blob5:

The Way Back Machine is fun sometimes.

·
TNX Veteran & LPM
7,842 Posts
What's Napster? Cassette? Commodore? I remember getting booted from the internet when my parents needed to make a phone call. That was horrible. I do not know how I survived back then.
O..M..G.. :crying: lol

Also you can just run a vpn and torrent anything these days. Hosted VPN's cost like $5 a year.
Don't even need a hosted one. Can use a freebie and go anywhere you want. >:)

You young Computer Nerds are the best sometimes!
Now he just makes us feel old :facepalm:

·
Registered
42 Posts
Good thing I just downloaded the entire FSM for a 2005, I even combined all the sections into a single PDF!

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
909 Posts
@VMBiohazard, what's the difference in the DIY site vs Nico FSMs? I don't particularly want to download and unzip a .rar to find out it's the same thing.

Thanks.

41 - 60 of 82 Posts