Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
TNX Veteran
4,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"In March 2018, Nissan North America (NNA) served notice upon NICOclub that the documents contained herein infringe upon the intellectual property rights of Nissan and demanded we immediately disable access to the contents of Nissan Service Manuals and Infiniti Service Manuals:"

Taken from this page:

Nissan Factory Service Manuals

·
TNX Veteran
4,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What effect will that have on this site, if any?
Well, considering most of us reference that site for the FSM, I'd say it's going to have a huge impact.

I only found that because I was trying to look something up while at work.
Unfortunately, I have always just gone to the the site, and never downloaded all the sections of the FSM, so now, due to my own stupidity, I don't have access to an FSM.

·
Premium Member
417 Posts
Well, considering most of us reference that site for the FSM, I'd say it's going to have a huge impact.

Unfortunately, I have always just gone to the the site, and never downloaded all the sections of the FSM, so now, due to my own stupidity, I don't have access to an FSM.
Ah, ok. I'm sure that members here might be able to share what we have between us. Maybe a sticky?

·
on line
22,508 Posts
Ah, ok. I'm sure that members here might be able to share what we have between us. Maybe a sticky?
That would likely command the same response from Nissan and could become litigious. I would caution against that.

·
Registered
3,814 Posts
That really sucks, but I was surprised the manual was free when I downloaded it. I better burn a copy before I forget and have my oc go down.

Hosting it here would be no distant from what NICO did, Nissan would just send a cease and desist here.

Reactions: bluez

·
Premium Member
417 Posts
That really sucks, but I was surprised the manual was free when I downloaded it. I better burn a copy before I forget and have my oc go down.

Hosting it here would be no distant from what NICO did, Nissan would just send a cease and desist here.
Oh no, not hosting. Simply a sticky where members can ask for assistance and others can assist, only all in PM after request......

·
Premium Member
1,978 Posts
I say we all start a petition to Nissan... This affects more than just xterras, as NICO club had most nissan makes on there.

or we all blow up [email protected] e-mail with how they're screwing the DIY automotive hobby enthusiasts.

"Dear Nissan,

I just wanted to let you know that I will be selling both of my Nissan's (making up two of the three cars in my stable) since you're totally screwing the DIY automotive enthusiast by making the FSM not available for the public. F-you..."

I miss the days of a hard copy being available. I have one for my '91 and it's fantastic to have it in the garage to reference without having to run to a computer.

but, just FYI, Nico club does still have them hosted, if know how to navigate directly to the page (there's just no link on their main site anymore)... ;-)

Nissan Xterra Factory Service Manuals

·
Premium Member
1,498 Posts

I just looked, it's not down just yet. Hurry. Don't forget your healthy distrust of the interwebs this time... ;)

Index of /FSM/Xterra

·
Registered
3,814 Posts
Oh no, not hosting. Simply a sticky where members can ask for assistance and others can assist, only all in PM after request......
I'm not sure how that would work if we're using the site to publicly show we're sharing intellectual property. I'm not saying don't share, but I'd think talking about it would have to be out of view of the public. @Mr. Bills @Old Navy

Reactions: Kirzzy

·
TNX Senior Member
445 Posts
I was able to download them just now. Wonder why some weren't working. Thanks OP for the heads up on this, and Watt's for getting the link up!

If anyone can't access it and wants a file I'd be happy to send it.

·
Premium Member
1,978 Posts
Looks like that window just shut closed :frown:
I got this LINK
I was able to download them just now. Wonder why some weren't working. Thanks OP for the heads up on this, and Watt's for getting the link up!

If anyone can't access it and wants a file I'd be happy to send it.
but, just FYI, Nico club does still have them hosted, if know how to navigate directly to the page (there's just no link on their main site anymore)... ;-)

Nissan Xterra Factory Service Manuals
As I said, you can't just go to nicoclub.com and navigate to them, but if you know where to go you can still get it. see link above.

I"m pretty sure there's nothing stating Nicoclub can't have them on their site, i'm pretty sure htey just can't provide a direct link to them. If you already have the link and can backdoor in, how will nissan ever know? but w/e.

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
I have them all saved. When I get home, I'll be creating a Google Drive folder....

1 - 20 of 82 Posts