Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. In order to send I message, I need to post an intro it looks like. Here it is. I basically got a 2008 for almost nothing because it needed a battery and a lot of cleaning. There a couple other issues. I will continue to look through the threads...they are very helpful. Most of my questions have already been asked, which is great. I'm more of a Duramax guy but now I am an Xterra guy I think.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. Seems like a very friendly forum and well run. Different from some. I don't think my Xterra is worthy of a picture yet. It's very boring and average looking at the moment!

·
Registered
492 Posts
Thanks for the reply. Seems like a very friendly forum and well run. Different from some. I don't think my Xterra is worthy of a picture yet. It's very boring and average looking at the moment!
All Xterras are worthy of a picture. Let us see it. It'll make for a good before/after comparison as you work through the issues and get her up to snuff.

·
Registered
825 Posts
For the most part, it's very friendly. Jus make sure you utilize the search function before asking questions because, for some reason, that brings out the wrath in a few members. It's probably the #1 way to get flamed. But if you do get flamed, don't take it personal. Some people just have to poop.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Got it. I always prefer to just search for instant answers anyway. As far as the pic, maybe I will start a thread in the project section soon. I noticed some others doing some similar build projects that are interesting. Might be a good place to get input during the project.

·
Registered
831 Posts
For the most part, it's very friendly. Jus make sure you utilize the search function before asking questions because, for some reason, that brings out the wrath in a few members. It's probably the #1 way to get flamed. But if you do get flamed, don't take it personal. Some people just have to poop.
Sometimes its hard to find the right results with search.
Plus the place is not a library.
So I am not very dogmatic about the search function.

Except when it comes to SMOD.
Mike please be sure to do a search for SMOD.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the heads up on the SMOD. I didn't know about that! I guess because I'm new to xterra. Sure is a lot of info out there. Lots of opinions... really can get confusing based on that (both here and all over the internet). I have a 2008 so it would seem some say not an issue...others say yes. I think I'm comfortable with the bypass even though some say no to that. Confusing.

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Thanks for the heads up on the SMOD. I didn't know about that! I guess because I'm new to xterra. Sure is a lot of info out there. Lots of opinions... really can get confusing based on that (both here and all over the internet). I have a 2008 so it would seem some say not an issue...others say yes. I think I'm comfortable with the bypass even though some say no to that. Confusing.
The general consensus for that year is to replace the radiator. The bypass will work but if you tow or are in the mountains there will not be enough cooling of the transmission fluid and you risk damage. Remember, a $150 radiator is a lot less than a $4k transmission.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
2008 is definitely a SMOD risk as Nissan didn't correct the problem until the end of 2010.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts