Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
on line
3,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay guys as most of you already know i just installed the K&N FIPK on my X. I just took a trip from houston to dallas and back to houston!

I have done this trip many times so I know how many times i need to stop and fill up and how many miles i get before my "low fuel light" comes on.

I am extremely happy to report that i got at least 40 extra miles out of each tank!! Just thought that i should pass this on.

·
on line
279 Posts
That's awesome. I definitely need to get an intake. Still trying to decide on the make. Do you have an exhaust system too?

·
on line
3,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nope, no exhaust... that is the only performance mod i have done so far.... but you have to take into account that my gas mileage really sucks because i have a lift, larger tires, roof rack w/tire on top, etc. So the intake might help me more than other people. but then agian it might help everyone!

·
on line
87 Posts
when i put a new air filter in at 19k miles just the filter, i notced some more miles per tanks but nothin like that though. sweeet

·
on line
1,361 Posts
i skimmed the post and thought you were saying you were getting 40 mpg :drunken:

Thats cool, it should pay for itself soon.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts