Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been lurking for a few months now. Picked up a 15 P4X here in Northern NM at the end of last year. Just wanted to post some appreciation for all the information on this site, it's been super helpful.

So far I've put sliders (white knuckle, new gas struts in the tailgate and under the hood, rear diff breather, and cooper st maxx tires (265/75/16) on. I also have the Napa awning and a basic camping setup for the back. Truck only has about 47k miles but the rear leafs seem a bit tired. The rear had helper airbags installed when I got it, but something in the system doesn't hold air, I haven't bothered to investigate that yet. Suspension is next on the to do list though.

Tire Cloud Car Wheel Sky
Vehicle registration plate Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Plant Car
Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Car Vehicle
Tire Wheel Cloud Sky Land vehicle
Wheel Tire Sky Vehicle Car

·
Registered
610 Posts
Welcome in....Nice pics

·
Registered
18 Posts
Been lurking for a few months now. Picked up a 15 P4X here in Northern NM at the end of last year. Just wanted to post some appreciation for all the information on this site, it's been super helpful.

So far I've put sliders (white knuckle, new gas struts in the tailgate and under the hood, rear diff breather, and cooper st maxx tires (265/75/16) on. I also have the Napa awning and a basic camping setup for the back. Truck only has about 47k miles but the rear leafs seem a bit tired. The rear had helper airbags installed when I got it, but something in the system doesn't hold air, I haven't bothered to investigate that yet. Suspension is next on the to do list though.

View attachment 139664 View attachment 139665 View attachment 139666 View attachment 139667 View attachment 139668
How have the ST MAXX’s been for you in the snow on the road? Looking at them for my next upgrade. Good looking rig.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks! I haven't had them in the snow yet, I got them this summer. The pic in the snow is still on the original hankooks. I can update you once we start getting some snow though. But for all other conditions, they're exactly what I hoped they'd be. Amazing offroad. They handle mud, sand, and rocks really well. The casing let's you air down pretty low for better grip and ride on longer overland trips too. On road so far they've been pretty good. They are quieter than the worn Hankooks by a lot, and the road manners are acceptable. At highway speed they feel a little bit wandery, but nothing scary. I think they slot nicely between AT and MT. I dont expect them to be phenomenal on slick winter roads because of the big tread blocks, but they are studdable and even without the studs should handle deep snow offroad well. I wanted the 255/85 but they were backorder everywhere when I needed them, but they're one of very few options in that size of you're interested. Sorry if this is more than you asked for, but I waffled over tire choices for weeks, so I figured I'd give you my mini review.

·
Registered
2013 Pro4X, 6MT
1,229 Posts
Nice rig! I have the same tires but in 255/85/16. I haven't had them in snow but have been very happy off road with them. They have gotten a little noisier as they wear but acceptable still. Have about 30K on them and lots of life left in them. Only negative so far is the weight. They're heavy. I might go back to 265/75/16 next time for that reason.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yea, they are a heavy tire for sure. Staying with the stock size I didn't notice any real difference in fuel consumption or acceleration or anything though. The insurance of sidewall puncture resistance was a selling point for me though, so the weight was inevitable.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts