Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
on line
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I went off-raoding for the first time with the x last weekend. Great day, loving every minute of it. But how do you guys deal with all off the scuff marks from the trees? It killed me to wash the x the next day. Does a buffing take the scuffs off? I would like to continue going out but also don't want my truck to look like crap. Stupid me bought a black one.
Just wondering your thoughts on the subject.

·
on line
2,938 Posts
At first you get all pissed off. Now after a year I just accept the damage and move on. It just adds character to the X.

·
on line
15,651 Posts
I gave up worrying about it. The X sees dirt on average of once a week and scratches happen. Mine is so bad, I can't even point out new ones any more.

·
on line
168 Posts
I tried taking a picture of the "mesquite" pinstriping on mine, but it doesn't show well. I got over it. If it is a real 4WD, it will have dirt and scratches. Otherwise it is another mall crawler.

·
on line
259 Posts
I took me one year to not care. But you can try color code wax and rubbing compound. Or just don't go OR for the next 11 months.

·
on line
376 Posts
This is what you need and here is the store (and forums) to get it at.
Everyone should have one of these easy to use wont burn the paint like a rotary and is a MUST have for us off roading types.

store: http://www.autogeek.net
Forums: http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/index.php

You can find out everything you need to know just go to the forums.
I have the same name there feel free to IM me if need be.

·
on line
1,884 Posts
If you OR you will have scratches and dents etc. If those really bug you stay on road...That is why I'm not a hardcore off roader. But the rig sure gets me to my trailheads! :cheers:

·
on line
3,217 Posts
I got all pissed off when that happened on my first X but not any more. When I clean my truck the wife always seems to notice a new scratch on my new one since it's super black. I get to play it off because I tell her that it's not new. It's always been there. She just noticed it because the rig is clean now. :D

·
on line
2,540 Posts
dan galusha said:
I got all pissed off when that happened on my first X but not any more. When I clean my truck the wife always seems to notice a new scratch on my new one since it's super black. I get to play it off because I tell her that it's not new. It's always been there. She just noticed it because the rig is clean now. :D
HAHA Nice!

·
on line
90 Posts
hattrik21 said:
dan galusha said:
HAHA Nice!
Ditto.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts