Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all! My name is Sterling. I live in the interior of Alaska and recently purchased a 2006 Nissan XTERRA and its my favorite vehicle! It has 118k miles on it and runs like a dream. I'm interested in beefing up my suspension a bit. Not necessarily a crazy lift or anything, but mostly for better stability and and possibly a little more clearance. Any recommendations, dos/don'ts, things to keep in mind or anything of the sort would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks!

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
I would probably choose an option from

Xterras are very picky about suspension lifts causing driveshaft vibrations.
In many cases, this can occur with 2" or greater lifts.

Ps: as an owner of a 2006 Xterra, please be aware there is a known issue with the factory radiators of this year. If yoour vehicle has a automatic transmission, please go to the powertrain section of the forums and become familiar with SMOD and find a listing of part numbers of affected radiators. Left unchecked, this known issue has the potential to ruin a transmission.

·
Registered
'08 S, Black, modifications in the works.
29 Posts
I have a Bilstein 5100 kit with All Dogs Offroad 2" lift springs and their parabolic leaf springs going on in the next week or so. No experience with how they ride yet but their customer service has been top-notch. Chad has answered the phone every time I have called and is friendly and patient. Plus free fed ex shipping. (at least to the lower 48, you'll wanna check AK)

Solid info in this video:
Everything I have seen from Ry has been great. Some stuff he has done I would never do... but I have found him to be an excellent resource.

Enjoy the truck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts