Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
on line
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I just recently accepted delivery of my new X. It's replacing a 1991 Isuzu Trooper, and I love the X. I had to special order mine - I couldn't find an Off Road with manual transmission and side airbags on any dealer lots. It took 3 long, long months, but it was worth the wait.

I'm now a very happy new X owner.

I think the X is turning out to be the perfect land vehicle for me. It's great for carrying adventure sports gear - bikes, kayaks, etc. I have 3 ways of carrying my bikes - on the roof, on the interior bike rack, or on the hitch mount bike rack. I like the interior rack for daily use, inside out of the elements, but I need the hitch mount for when I've got sea kayaks on the roof and people and gear filling the inside. I'll have to get a picture of the X fully loaded!

I have the Rockford Fosgate sound system and the iPod interface. I do think the iPod interface kind of sucks - it doesn't really integrate well into the steering wheel controls, and it's really hard to browse - nearly impossible while driving without causing too much distraction. Also there's no way to skip back a few minutes - not important if you're listening to 3 minute songs, but when you are listening to an 8+ hour audiobook, skipping all the way back to the beginning is not an option. If I had to do it again I'd probably skip the "Technology" package and put in an aftermarket system with integrated iPod interface and GPS - but the R-F system does sound great.

My favorite accessory is the keyless entry pad. I regularly lock my keys in my cars - not intentionally, either. Now, it's not a problem.

I have the Shrockworks sliders on order after reading about them here. I don't know if I'll do any more Shrocking .

·
TNX Administrator
20,232 Posts

·
on line
10,980 Posts
Welcome ... I wanted the same build list you wound up with, and was really close to telling the dealer to just go ahead and order it; but we got lucky and he was finally able to track one down after searching for a couple of weeks.

Oh and I definately have to agree with you on your sentiments about the X ... I'm loving mine more and more.

-Jonathan

1 - 12 of 12 Posts