Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all just got my X a 2005 X. Just want to see if anyone in Utah has a good place to check it out. Before I take out to the desert?
Thanks
Brian

·
Premium Member
508 Posts
Welcome from NH.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks..Just a bit more info.. Got a great deal on this X its in great shape with 118000 miles. Just what to give it a quick check up by a shop that knows the X's pretty good.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Welcome from SoCal.

First thing I'd do is check for SMOD. Do a quick search here or on google: "SMOD thenewx.org" and read up on that.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Thanks I have read the smod at least a bunch of it. I have a few questions
1. How can you tell it the radiator has been replaced? Is there any way to tell?
2. There seems to be conflicting info on the bypass. Is this ok to do for normal driving no real off roading, claiming or pulling?

It kind of looks like something was done under the hood there but can't tell. Is there a part number in the radiator or something to look for?
Thanks.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Found the model number it's not listed as an effected one. Let me know what you think.
92100 EA500
A7 A0702002

I think this is for the ac unit?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yeah no part numbers that I could find so far.. Replaced the serpentine belt last night and did not see any part numbers for the radiator..

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
OK, I just checked my radiator and could tell that you didn't take a picture of the whole thing, that's why it looked a bit odd.
So I took 3 photos.
One shows that my radiator looks like yours. One shows the P/N tag just to the right of the radiator cap. The third shows some numbers that are molded into the top tank just to the right of the radiator cap, and just left of the P/N tag.

(No comments on how dusty the engine is, either. :grin: )

Attachments

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks.. Weird mine has none of those markings?
Whats everyone's thoughts on this?
Should I do the bypass?
Do you think this is aftermarket? And its good to go?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts