Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First time I washed my brand new 2013 X, I noticed the front left quarter panel was a wee bit loose. When I pushed on it a bit there is an audible squeeking. Compared to the other side the panel moved about twice as much under pressure.

Took it in to my dealer and they spent an hour poking around under the hood and managed to get everything tightened up. This truck needs to last me 200,000 kms so flapping bodywork isn't conducive to that.

I've never seen a new vehicle with loose body panel before. Cudo's to the dealer for sorting it out though.

·
Premium Member
9,953 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

Keep up on your maintenance and you'll easily hit 200k km's :icon_smile:

there was a thread a while back where a guy had 300k + miles (483k + km's) and had only done routine maintenance - These are good trucks!

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I hope so, we plan to keep it for at least 10 years.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wow. It seems Nissans quality control is pretty rough these days. hope that's the last problem you have!
Posted via Mobile Device
Unfortunately not even close. In the first four weeks of ownership we have discovered 5 defects. Admittedly several of them are fairly minor but that is really not the point in a ca $40,000 truck.

One of the issues is fairly important and the other is just kinda strange.

I am in the process of writing a letter to Nissan HQ. Don't know if it will make any difference at all but they can't fix the problems if nobody points them out.

·
on line
1,113 Posts
just change fluids when needed you will get to 200k easy im at 110k and running great I followed the premium maintenance every 30k and all ive needed so far was new LCAs due to cutting them off and fuel sending unit x3 covered by nissan.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sup, how many posts are you gonna put up regarding issues. Maybe you should have one so we can all just read that

Good luck writing the letter . Maybe you will get a free oil change.
Uhhhh, when I stop finding defects in my brand new truck? :angry5:

·
Registered
810 Posts
Wow my 2008 with 95k miles has had less problems than yours. I would make sure you look into Lemon laws for your area, you may be entitled to a replacement Xterra.

·
on line
951 Posts
Check the mounting bolts for your rear bumper. Mine were slightly more than finger tight when I put my hitch on.

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
In a way you are lucky. Most of us had to do a Hulk impression to get them off to install a hitch!

QUOTE=Xdrivingogre;1151825]Check the mounting bolts for your rear bumper. Mine were slightly more than finger tight when I put my hitch on.[/QUOTE]

1 - 12 of 12 Posts