Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
on line
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

I just bought my 2000 Nissan Xterra a couple months ago. I found this site and it looks great. This seems like a good group of people. Well since i ust got my X Im going to need to find a spot somewhere in south florida to go off road with some friends. If anybody knows about any spots down here let me know please. I tried of everytime i go to a park i have the rangers after me telling me to slow down LOL. Well, thanks in advance.

X-Marks Da Spot

·
on line
874 Posts
gongrats on the x, we welcome all first gen xterras,
as you can see this is a site dedecated to the second gen xterra(thenewx)- but that dosent mean you have to have one, most topics on this site relate the the second gen, ie how to and parts---this is a great place to find info and meet people, once again congrats on the xterra and welcome to the site

·
on line
874 Posts
X-MarksDaSpot said:
Hey Guys,

Well since i ust got my X Im going to need to find a spot somewhere in south florida to go off road with some friends. If anybody knows about any spots down here let me know please.

X-Marks Da Spot
have you tried loxahatchee or the c51 canal
go here for more...http://www.fl4wda.com/
National Preserves

Big Cypress National Preserve Off-Road Vehicle News
National Park Service
Big Cypress National Preserve
Box 110, Ochopee, FL 34141
Telephone: 941/ 695-2000
Obtaining a recreational off-road vehicle permit for using an ATV, ATC, swamp buggy or street legal 4 X 4 in Big Cypress National Preserve is a three step process. An operator's permit, an inspection sticker and an annual vehicle permit are required to operate an OHV in the Preserve. Motorcycles and other two-wheeled vehicles are not permitted in the preserve's backcountry.

Rule Highlights on National Preserves:
An operator's permit, an inspection sticker and an annual vehicle permit are required to operate an OHV in the Preserve.
Permits may be obtained only Friday through Monday, 8:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. Permit process will take approximately 45 minutes at the Visitor Center.
Call the Visitor Center at (239) 695-1201 before you bring your vehicle in for inspection.
Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) must be located and will be recorded.

I lived in boca for 5 years and cape coral for 18 before that

·
on line
874 Posts
I updated my first post refresh

·
on line
1,864 Posts
:clown: If you lIve in Southern Florida, the best place for you to OFF-ROAD is--

--COSTA RICA--

-- :geek: :geek: (HEHE)--jimbo

·
on line
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Marzterra... Thank you for all that info (it was great) I'll be sure to check that site out.

And thanks for the welcome guys. As I start going to diffrent places and putting mods on my X I will be letting you all know.

·
on line
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So I took out my X to to the everglades this weekend. It was interesting cuz I have my car is completly stock which means no off road tires no crazy suspension or nothing.

My wife disided she wanted to go shopping so i called up a buddy of mine and asked him if he wanted to go the Loop Road which is somewhere between Everglades National Park and Big Cypress National Preserve in Florida. It was a pretty bumpy ride and all fun and games untill my moronic self relized that I had a damn nail in my front tire, I must had picked up in Miami. Ohh man this got better by the minute. My spare tire's rim was slighty bent and also low on air (impossible to use) and we were 12 mile from the entrence and another 7 miles to the exit. (by the way our phones didnt work out there either LOL). Thank god I had my hiking boots on cuz we left my X there and went on a 7 mile hike towards the exit.

When we finaly got there we waited untill we saw decent size truck. Well what i found was that god had sent me a towing truck. I dont know if this guy help us cause see saw i had my 6 year old son with me or he was just being a nice guy but he gave us a ride to my car and fixed my tire that had the nail in it for free.

After I got my tire fixed it was still to early to pack up and go home. So we kept on ride around with some stops to play football and whatnot. Well, botem line is cant wait untill i start putting some mods on my X so I wouldnt have to worry about little tiny nails or sharp rocks. I could just ride.

·
on line
1,208 Posts
welcome to our great site!!

·
TNX Administrator
20,246 Posts
:pirate: "Ahoy, Matey! :newb: (n00b) Welcome! Yer on a site dedicated t' Nissan's, "Next Generation Xterra." Step aboard, take in what you can, but promise t' share what you learn!" :3some:

So let t' mods begin: http://thenewx.org/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=2742 :thumbup:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts