Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
on line
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey! I'm General Grabber and this is my 2006 X with power package. I only have 900 miles on it so far. I have added a first aid kit and a rear cargo carpet, along with those cool key fob covers from jacketstore.com. So yeah no real mods yet, they will have to wait until I pay the truck off.
I didn't buy this to go off-roading but I am jealous of you guys that can risk it. But its my only vehicle. I use it to get me to the singletrack and mountains so I can mountain bike and snowboard.
I previously owned a 1995 Pathfinder which was killer but unfortunately the frame rusted out. I have heard that the steel frames of the 1995 Pathfinder were mostly of the cheap korean steel variety. Also I picked out a brand new 1998 Maxima for my mother. She still has it and 270,000 miles later it continues to kick ass and look good doing it. No Problems. Best engine ever-period.
Well I've been looking at this site for awhile and hope to contribute whenever I can. Thanks!

·
TNX Administrator
20,232 Posts
:pirate: Ahoy, Matey! :newb: (n00b) Welcome! Yer on a site dedicated to Nissan's, "Next Generation Xterra." Step aboard, take in what you can, but promise to share what you learn! :3some:

·
on line
237 Posts
Welcome to the forum!! :cheers:

·
on line
3,484 Posts
I used to haul steel off the docks in Philly. They had us pick it up, It was soaked from whatever mess of water and ??? is in a bottom of a ship, It has a Galvanized cover on it, we had to take that off and let it drain, Then chain it down and get the bills, next stop is the Broker who sold the steel to Automaker USA, (Possibly a foreign brand auto too) That broker sold the steel as top quality, they then had tags that was from top quality steel and took off the Russian tags or whomever made that steel and put on US Steel tags and that is how you deliver it. US automaker thinks they got good stuff, it was Junk steel. So I can see this happening easily. All unethical, but that is what happens in America! I bet that steel added to the Made in America of US products sticker too. No steel is better than that made In Warren Ohio at WCI, Not made from scrap! Only pure raw products. Just hope the people who buy it hang on to the tags! MC

·
on line
1,884 Posts
Welcome. Gen Grabber? Cause you like the tires?

·
on line
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just thought it was a funny name for a tire so I used it as my screen name and also I like to grab things. I'm not really a General though. But I'm aware that the general consensus is that the tires generally suck! They'll be fine for now.

·
on line
1,884 Posts
General Grabber said:
I just thought it was a funny name for a tire so I used it as my screen name and also I like to grab things. I'm not really a General though. But I'm aware that the general consensus is that the tires generally suck! They'll be fine for now.
Cool! Besides we already have a general here:

General Xterra

(Whom I think is really MC)

Again Welcome to the board :cheers:

·
on line
3,217 Posts
Welcome to the club. :wave:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts