Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

Just picked up a 2010 OR. Still getting used to it but loving it so far and have many plans for the little rig.

Seems the Wisconsin owners are few, and the WI section seems pretty stagnate... Just wondering if there are any still out there!

I’ve been watching too many Aussie videos on touring and wondering about trails in Wisconsin and if any members are in the Central WI area or anywhere WI for that matter and would like to ride some trails. I don’t know of any trails but am hoping this forum can help change that.

·
Registered
2005 Nissan Xterra OR
778 Posts
I'm on the other side of the country from you, just want to say welcome!

I think @bucksnort is around the area and is an OG that might be able to point you in the right direction?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! I’m looking forward to seeing what this forum can bring. It’s been a while since I’ve had a vehicle that caused me to join a community... I think the last one was an RX7 back when I was in my 20s haha.

·
Premium Member
363 Posts
Welcome. I'm in the Chicago area. There are members in the area, but I think they have moved to Facebook for organizing things. They do get together. Look for Great Lakes Xterra (GLX) on Facebook if you have it. I don't have facebook, so I miss out on a bunch of stuff.

·
on line
7,135 Posts
Nicolet/Chemameguen Forest has hundreds of miles of logging road trails. I'm down in Madistan with borngearhead. **** trail runs on the Western border from Galena, IL to Ashland. GLX goes to the Badlands in Utica, IN twice a year.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Nicolet/Chemameguen Forest has hundreds of miles of logging road trails. I'm down in Madistan with borngearhead. **** trail runs on the Western border from Galena, IL to Ashland. GLX goes to the Badlands in Utica, IN twice a year.
No way! No clue you were from the area, fox cities represent!

·
Registered
127 Posts
Any clue on where to get a map for the logging roads? Possible to do dispersed camping along those trails?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Welcome, from the lower half of IL... can you believe there’s a whole state below Chicago? My family is all from Verona/Madison area so we make it up
that way occasionally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
127 Posts
I second that question. I’ve looked on the inter-webs and have had zero results. The best I’ve found is the land plot maps online. But they are difficult to navigate.
I can actually weigh in on this recently went on a dispersed camping trip in that area and it was awesome! Was able to find a forest road with a camp site along it. Mind you, this was a free spot and not a campground as it was dispersed. One of my favorite trips thus far. I used Gaia GPS to find the trails by zooming in close enough and then pinned trailheads in Google Maps.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts