Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im planning to buy some new pro comp alloy wheel (7089). the wheel have a 16'' diameter, 8'' wide and 0 offset. will it fit on my 1.5'' front lift with a 2'' shackle lift?

·
on line
22,508 Posts
im planning to buy some new pro comp alloy wheel (7089). the wheel have a 16'' diameter, 8'' wide and 0 offset. will it fit on my 1.5'' front lift with a 2'' shackle lift?
What size tires? If 285/75R16, they will fit, but you'll need to trim or bend the fenders a bit in front of the front doors.

·
Registered
96 Posts
i will put 265/75/16 on it
I have this size KO's on 7089's on my 2010 2WD with a 1" lift (blocks and AAL), and they fit fine and look great. I even noticed the truck handles better with the wider stance the new offset gives. I have no rubbing in any position at any time and I did not melt mod or trim anything.

·
Registered
178 Posts
what are you going to do with your old rims?

·
Registered
373 Posts
those rims dont have amazing reviews.. Aré they worth it or should I coat My stock rims and get adapters so they stick out more?
Posted via Mobile Device

·
on line
496 Posts
what are you going to do with your old rims?
Are you looking for rims ? I have 2011 Pro-4X rims that I just removed, but for sale locally only ( assuming you`re looking for wheels, and your question was not out of curiosity). Where is the City Of Champions ???

·
on line
496 Posts
I just installed 16" X 8.5 wide wheels with +12 offset, which extends 0.5" less than the 7089 you`re installing, and I had to go a lot of additional melt mod than I had with factory rims, but I`m using 285s, and still get some rubbing. Where are you in Montreal ?

·
on line
22,508 Posts
those rims dont have amazing reviews.. Aré they worth it or should I coat My stock rims and get adapters so they stick out more?
Posted via Mobile Device
Really? There's a ton of guys here that run them and love them. Myself included. I love my 7089s.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
on line
496 Posts
Stock wheels suck compared to 7089s. The stock wheels are too skinny for 33s.
Get the procomps

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
+1 I used to deflate to 28 psi rear, and 30 psi front, unloaded, to be able to barely pass the chalk test with 285s on factory wheels. Now with wider wheels, I have no issue at 37 psi: full tread on the ground. Even for 265s, you're at the minimum required ( 7" ) which is the factory wheels.

·
Banned
4,806 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts