Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Longtime listener, first time caller here. I have an ‘08 Xterra SE, it’s been my daily driver for many years and with the exception of some bilstein 5100’s up front and out back it’s bone stock pushing 175k very dependable miles.

I was recently considering getting rid of the X due to high miles but since I own it and it’s ran incredibly well for me all these years I have decided to keep it in the stable. Figure if something goes wrong at this point I’ll just pay cash and fix it as I really would rather not return to payments ever again.

Currently in the process of converting the rig to better suit my recreational needs, primarily camping, hunting and fishing.

I’ve got a new set of ARB/OME leaf springs on the way as the back end is sagging a bit and I am adding a drawer system with onboard water, fridge etc and also should have a new roof top tent showing up in about a week. Beyond that I’m going to add a second battery and isolation system to help with onboard water pump and some extra 12v accessories. No plans to do any major off road travel but like the idea of extending my reach while hunting and getting further out when camping with the family.

Any suggestions for this high mileage rig are very welcome.

Cheers

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well that’s good to know! I’ve taken excellent care of this rig regardless so hopefully it whistles through the next 175k.

Don’t have onboard water yet. Was planning to basically do the same as Nasarno, provided it has still worked out well for him. Keep
meaning to reach out to him.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts