Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
on line
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2002 4.8 Nissan Patrol wagon and am thinking of getting a new Xterra. Just like to ask a couple of questions first.

What is the average fuel consumption per klm or mile of the Xterra?

Before I can justify getting rid of my chunky old girl for a slim n trim Xterra can you tell me what you love most about your Xterra off road?

Also how easy it is to lift the Xterra another 2 inches and what is the biggest (tallest) tyre size you can run for added ground clearance?

If you could change something on a stock Xterra what would it be?

Cheers

·
on line
2,077 Posts
all these questions can be answered by doing a search.

1. fuel consumption will vary on this website, stock you can see around 20+ mpg, on some of the modded vehicles, like mine, i'll average 15 mpg.

2. the stock X is very capable. Look into getting the offroad model if you intend to wheel, you'll like having the stock bilsteins shocks and the locking rear diff.

3. simple spacer and shackle lift is quick, easy, and cheap, but there are downfalls (like UCA contact with certain models). You can fit a 33" tire with up to a 3" lift without cutting things (255/85/16, or 285/75/16)

4. i'm sure the majority will say they would like stronger differentials.

·
on line
735 Posts
North America envies your Patrol. The X is a hotrod in comparison, but the differentials are weak. We also use the imperial system so you might want to ask a Canadian on the metric gas(petrol) consumption.

I typically get between 15-20mpg 15 or 16 in town and 19-21 hwy.

1 u.s. gallon=3.78l

.05 gallons/mile (hwy)=.189l per mile
1km =.6214 mi so (.189)(.6214)=.117 l/km

or about 12l per 100 clicks

somebody check this..does that sound like a valid consumption?

·
on line
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The Fuel figures are impressive... The Patrol gets anything between 20ltr & 30ltr per 100 klm!

If you lift the standard spec model say 2inches are there wear issues with the front CV angles and binding of the top control arm at full flex?

Does anyone make new front upper A Arms ?

I havent been able to locate many aftermarket items to beef up the Xterra
:(

Cheers

·
on line
576 Posts
Personally I'd take the Patrol over the X since it's a truck I've wanted since I saw my first one. Check PRG for the A arms.

·
on line
230 Posts
Ball Tearer said:
I have a 2002 4.8 Nissan Patrol wagon and am thinking of getting a new Xterra. Just like to ask a couple of questions first.

What is the average fuel consumption per klm or mile of the Xterra?

Before I can justify getting rid of my chunky old girl for a slim n trim Xterra can you tell me what you love most about your Xterra off road?

Also how easy it is to lift the Xterra another 2 inches and what is the biggest (tallest) tyre size you can run for added ground clearance?

If you could change something on a stock Xterra what would it be?

Cheers
Looking at about 15-17MPG. Its hard to say what is best off-road, since front and rear axle swaps are required. DO NOT add larger tires without diff swaps! The diffs blow fast with larger tires!

Changing something on the stock Xterra..Start with diffs, then bottoming problem, then electronic t/case, then ground clearence.

Stick with the Patrol, while we would give anything to get one here!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts