Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
on line
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all -

I have been lurking here for quite awhile now. Just finally registered to share these pics of my X after a guy apparently fell asleep at the wheel and hit me doing about 50 mph. :

The impact broke the driver's side of the rear axle off the truck at the rear diff. housing.

The X did its job though - I had no major injuries. Hopefully I'll be getting an '08 in the near future.

·
on line
2,459 Posts
Welcome...and don't worry a bout that....it'll buff out!

·
on line
1,127 Posts
wowww! That's a bummer. I really sorry to see this happen. Welll at least your ok and you intend on getting another Xterra :) I don't know if that one was 4x4 or not but make sure your new one is because I can promise you this site will make you want to mod it and you will be bummed if it isn't 4x4.

·
on line
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well welcome to the board...and sorry to hear about the X...that's a pretty bad smack you got there...so what happened to the guy that hit you?
I don't know. They took me to the hospital to make sure I was alright, so I never saw him. He stopped a few hundred yards down the road. The cops told me they thought that he was trying to run, but didn't get far since his car was so damaged. They said he will be cited for reckless driving.

·
on line
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I don't know if that one was 4x4 or not but make sure your new one is because I can promise you this site will make you want to mod it and you will be bummed if it isn't 4x4.
Yeah dude - it was 4x4, now it's 3x0

·
on line
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That's one crazy pic where the wheel is tore up and through the rear window!!! How the hell...???
Yeah, the tow truck driver picked up the wheel and the piece of my axle and threw them in the back since the window was already broken.

·
on line
3,050 Posts
welcome...sorry about the X.....did you get loss of use insurance? if your vehicle is up to 3 years old and it gets written off then they will give you full value of what you paid for the vehicle

·
on line
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Where in Bucks County are you from?

Check out this thread!

http://thenewx.org/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=8891

Is your old X in a junk yard yet? I wouldn't mind get some parts off of it.
I'm near Quakertown. My insurance co. towed it to their salvage yard (don't know where that is) today to determine if it's totaled. I don't know how it wouldn't be.

·
on line
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
welcome...sorry about the X.....did you get loss of use insurance? if your vehicle is up to 3 years old and it gets written off then they will give you full value of what you paid for the vehicle
hmm... I've never heard of this before...and I don't have it.

·
on line
1,479 Posts
Welcome aboard. I'm happy you are OK. Thank God the X did do it's job.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts