Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Xterra X 4wd
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys!

I just bought a super clean 2012 Xterra X 4wd with only 49k miles. It was a one owner, clean carfax, with all of the necessary service intervals being complied with. I just had the transmission fluid flushed by a Nissan dealership and I am planning on changing the front diff fluid, transfer case fluid, rear diff fluid, doing the rear diff breather mod, new engine air filter, new cabin air filter, and changing the oil with Mobil 1 and an OEM Nissan oil filter. Is there anything else y’all would recommend to do? I appreciate the help!

-Drew

·
Well then...
914 Posts
I like that you seem to have read every sticky before posting.

To answer your question, just enjoy your truck now bud. Welcome abroad, probably best vehicle you’ll ever join. For a modern vehicle, still super easy to work on and beyond reliable.

·
Registered
2012 Xterra X 4wd
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Are you referring to the line that runs along the firewall with the metal to plastic t-fitting that goes into the heater core? If so, that’s a good idea. It started to leak on my old 2008 X so I replaced it with an all metal one from Napa.

·
Registered
2011 PRO-4X
911 Posts
Are you referring to the line that runs along the firewall with the metal to plastic t-fitting that goes into the heater core? If so, that’s a good idea. It started to leak on my old 2008 X so I replaced it with an all metal one from Napa.
Yes, that one and the one right next to it. The one next to the metal one can be removed completely and the hose put directly on the heater core. Honestly not sure why Nissan even used the little plastic tee on that one.

·
Registered
2012 Xterra X 4wd
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Gotcha. I’ll look at swapping both of those out soon. Thank you for the info!

·
Registered
559 Posts
Welcome in...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts