Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

New to me 15 Xterra

2K views 7 replies 8 participants last post by  Nex 
#1 ·
Hello, I'm Jeff from the NW corner of Missouri.
I've been into Jeeps and off-roading for quite a while...my Jeep was always my daily driver,
I found the need to start towing a smallish travel trailer. Now, while bouncing along on 37's is a lot of fun - a lifted short wheelbased Jeep cannot ever be used for towing anything larger than a couple cases of cookies (LOL).
Started to look around for a rig that would tow something maxing out at 4k lbs (looking at trucks and all kinds of other rigs) found a 2015 Xterra with 95K (added bonus it fits in my garage). Found tons of documented service records from the dealer in the glovebox...so after doing some searching on this forum I felt fairly confident that I was buying a reliable vehicle.

#5 ·
Good to have you here Jeff. I am in the same boat as you. I needed something with genuine off roading ability, some towing capacity, and ability to drive long distance at speeds above 55mph. We have had our 2007 since it was new and it has never once let us down (250,400 miles now). It can tow any Geo Pro, and even a 2109S Mini Lite. We have done the Alpine Loop and all but two trails in the San Juans. We hope you enjoy yours as much as we have ours.

Reactions: acvw74
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.