Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to Colorado—Boulder, specifically—and just wondering if anyone has any recommendations of trustworthy and AFFORDABLE service in the area.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
New to Colorado—Boulder, specifically—and just wondering if anyone has any recommendations of trustworthy and AFFORDABLE service in the area. Thanks in advance!
Hey there,
Go to Boulder Nissan, they're great especially of you've done any MOD's to your vehicle.. They have fantastic customer service.. FYI we've started a new 4x4 club it's called NORAC (Nissan Off Road Association of Colorado) look us up on FB. We'll be doing trail runs and working with the FS on trails.
Bill

·
on line
4,198 Posts
Welcome from Longmont! :)
I work in Boulder. I'll recommend Boulder Nissan as well.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
except for the fact that Boulder Nissan charges about 50% more for parts than any other Nissan dealer on the front range...screw them
This has not been my experience.

·
on line
10,133 Posts
i dunno...i priced out all the stuff to do the timing chain job. they wanted over $90 more than 3 other dealers i called for the same exact parts.

edit - found my quotes from when i was pricing this stuff out...

3/19/2013

Boulder Nissan - $380
GO Nissan 104th and Southwest (before they were autonation) - $238
Empire Nissan - $238

f that noise.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
i dunno...i priced out all the stuff to do the timing chain job. they wanted over $90 more than 3 other dealers i called for the same exact parts.

edit - found my quotes from when i was pricing this stuff out...

3/19/2013

Boulder Nissan - $380
GO Nissan 104th and Southwest (before they were autonation) - $238
Empire Nissan - $238

f that noise.
Alright, but that's one scenario. Just out of curiosity, based on what you show above, I did a little research on an OEM alternator just to see what would come up:
Autonation: $334
Larry Miller: $417
Boulder Nissan: $318

Given the number of parts on any given vehicle, any given dealer might be the lowest, or the highest, or somewhere in between depending on the particular part you are looking for. Nobody is likely to always be the lowest - or always the highest.

For you to take one instance where Boulder was the higher price and extrapolate that out to say that they charge "about 50% more for parts than any other Nissan dealer on the front range" and to take it further with "screw them" and "f that noise" is not only short-sighted, but patently unfair.

In my experience, and that of many others here (obviously), Boulder has given fair pricing and excellent service.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
I have used Go/AutoNation for years because they are closest to home. Nothing wrong with them.
I purchased my '13 X from Boulder Nissan this year and I will now only go there - even though it is 5 times further away. Boulder Nissan outclassed any dealership I have ever stepped into hands down. Service, parts, sales, etc are top notch, honest and dependable. My quotes with Boulder have always been in line with other dealers. I recommend finding out for yourself.

·
Registered
92 Posts
i have used Boulder for a warranty steering rack repair and an oil change. overall the experience was good. however, i have talked to a couple different advisors a few other times and do not care for their service on the phone. also, i just replaced my left front axle seal because they damaged it during the repair. as a dealer technician myself, i know what to expect from a dealer on pricing and service. and at the prices we charge, exceptional is the only product you should recieve.

with that said, Repair Masters Automotive is a great all models shop. the owner Jim is a good friend and they were my parents mechanic for many years. give them a shout.

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
I have had nothing but great experiences with everyone at Boulder Nissan. Their Service Dept and advisors go above and beyond to take care of any issues that I've had with my Titan or both of our XTERRA's.. In my opinion it's hard to find a dealer that goes the extra mile for their customers and Boulder Nissan does it time after time.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Coloxt told me to join here. I work for Larry Miller Nissan in Highlands Ranch, I recently got a pro4x in the past few months. Being an advisor here I can certainly help fellow X guys out as well. Certainly don't want to steal or create hostility within the community, if anything i want to make the X market huge here and grow.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts