Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
on line
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got to Atlanta a couple months ago, and was wondering about any trail rides or such that might be coming down the pipe.

As of now still riding in a stock 05, that'll change soon enough though. Any suggestions will be welcomed.

·
on line
564 Posts
Welcome! :cheers:

·
Read Only
656 Posts

·
TNX Administrator
20,232 Posts
:pirate: Ahoy, Matey! :newb: (n00b) Welcome! Yer on a site dedicated to Nissan's, "Next Generation Xterra." Step aboard, take in what you can, but promise to share what you learn! :3some:

·
on line
34 Posts
buxweet, where in Cumming was that exactly? Sounds like that might fit the bill for me to get my feet wet doing a bit of wheelin. Thats not too far from me in Gwinnett.

·
on line
237 Posts
Welcome to the forum! :cheers:

·
Read Only
656 Posts
jetydosa said:
buxweet, where in Cumming was that exactly? Sounds like that might fit the bill for me to get my feet wet doing a bit of wheelin. Thats not too far from me in Gwinnett.
Can't remember exactly how to get there, but it was off Trammel Rd., north of the intersection w/ Dave's Creek Dr. We had cut through Windermere and dead ended into Trammel. Swung a right, went down to the next point where we could U-turn, then the entrance was ahead on the right. Not anything with a name on it, something or other about a future development. Dirt road in, bear to the left and keep climbing uphill. After reaching the top of the hill, there is a rock road (steep) off on the left. If you go down the hill and ford a creek, there will be an even steeper rock staircase ahead to the left. After work tommorow, I'll drive back there again and get some mileage and landmarks for you. Probably private property, but not posted and many folks ride around back there. You could always say you were picking out the lot you want to build on.

·
Read Only
656 Posts
OK, left work today (GA 400 and GA 20). East on 20, Rt turn on Trammel Rd., 2.4 miles to intersection with Windermere Parkway. Crossed straight over Windermere Parkway and over the curb on the other side. Trail begins here. Go less than 0.1 mile and take the trail on the left. Follow this trail as it winds first down then uphill (steep: when you get to top be careful since you can't see over the hood). When you get to the bottom of this hill (about 0.3 mile), you can ford the creek here and see the rock stair a little ways ahead after you exit on the other side. If you don't cross the creek and keep straight, there is a steep rock stair ahead on the left. My son and his friends sometimes go into the creek and drive in it (go to your right as you start to cross), but I don't know where they come out.

Have fun out there, but I'll tell you, we couldn't get up either stair (my son was driving and he has done it in his Jeep), but I have stock Rugged Trails and we didn't air down. There is also some rather deep mud on some of the trails but we didn't go there either since I'm not fond of getting stuck nor cleaning up after slinging mud everywhere.

If you are headed over here from Gwinnett (heading West on 20), you could also just turn left on Windermere Parkway, but I don't know how far off 20 it is. Just keep an eye out for Trammell Rd. coming up on your right, and take a left over the curb where Trammell intersects Windermere.

Happy Trails. And remember: You're looking for a lot to build on (wink, wink).

1 - 20 of 21 Posts