Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
on line
564 Posts
Dude...looks frig'n SuWeet!

What size did ya get?

Rob

Oh, and how do they sound? Are they much louder than the rugged trails?

·
on line
2,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I kept the factory size. The 285's would have only given me a half inch more of height so I didn't think it was worth it.

As far as sound, I really can't tell the difference between these and the stockers.

·
on line
564 Posts
hattrik21 said:
I kept the factory size. The 285's would have only given me a half inch more of height so I didn't think it was worth it.

As far as sound, I really can't tell the difference between these and the stockers.
Awesome! I can't seem to decide which size to go with.

They definitely look good!

Rob

·
on line
1,792 Posts
They look great. I put almost 40K on my 265 75 16 BFG ATs and never heard a peep out of them. Couldn't bust one no matter what I did. Love that tire.

·
Read Only
656 Posts
Still undecided what to buy: 265 75 16 BFG AT or 255 85 16 BFG MT. Also considering the 255 85 16 Cooper Discoverer ST (supposively an AT type). At my local Discount Tire, the KO's are $159/ea, the KM's are $165/ea, and the Coopers are $169/ea (or was that $179?). Decisions, decisions.

·
on line
2,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
buxwheat said:
Still undecided what to buy: 265 75 16 BFG AT or 255 85 16 BFG MT. Also considering the 255 85 16 Cooper Discoverer ST (supposively an AT type). At my local Discount Tire, the KO's are $159/ea, the KM's are $165/ea, and the Coopers are $169/ea (or was that $179?). Decisions, decisions.
I had discount tire match a 4 set deal on the BFG's from a Sams club. Sam's was over a 100 bucks cheaper but I'd rather get my tires at DT as there are more of them around if I have problems.

·
Read Only
656 Posts
hattrik21 said:
I had discount tire match a 4 set deal on the BFG's from a Sams club. Sam's was over a 100 bucks cheaper but I'd rather get my tires at DT as there are more of them around if I have problems.
So what did it break down to for 4? Or per tire since all their other charges are the same. I figure if I go w/ the stock tire size, I'll just get four and keep the Rugged Trail spare. If I go "tall and skinny" I guess I'll have to get five. What does everyone think of using a smaller tire as a spare for short period of time? I know I wouldn't want to wheel w/ one odd size tire, but just to get to a repair shop on a smaller tire shouldn't be too bad, think about those space saver donuts they put in most car trunks. Hate having to buy 5 when I haven't even worn the stockers down yet.

·
on line
564 Posts
If you throw the smaller "spare" on the rear, you could possibly goober up the limited slip too.

Rob

·
on line
2,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
buxwheat said:
hattrik21 said:
So what did it break down to for 4? Or per tire since all their other charges are the same. I figure if I go w/ the stock tire size, I'll just get four and keep the Rugged Trail spare. If I go "tall and skinny" I guess I'll have to get five. What does everyone think of using a smaller tire as a spare for short period of time? I know I wouldn't want to wheel w/ one odd size tire, but just to get to a repair shop on a smaller tire shouldn't be too bad, think about those space saver donuts they put in most car trunks. Hate having to buy 5 when I haven't even worn the stockers down yet.
Let's see it as 704 for the 4 mounted, balanced and the road hazzard plus tax so thats about 176 each if you add it all in.

The spare being unused and keeping the stock size was another reason for sticking with the 265. Its not the best tire off road but I could drive on it till I could get a flat fixed and use it off road without having to worry about messing things up.

·
Read Only
656 Posts
muzikman said:
You will not want to run it in 4wd with a smaller tire. You'll bind up the driveline.
robnfl said:
If you throw the smaller "spare" on the rear, you could possibly goober up the limited slip too.

Rob
Thanks for the info guys. I guess it's just eat it and buy 5 if I go with the 255 85 shoes.

·
Read Only
656 Posts
hattrik21 said:
Let's see it as 704 for the 4 mounted, balanced and the road hazzard plus tax so thats about 176 each if you add it all in.
Yea, Discount's out the door price, less sales tax, was just under $700 for the KO's. I guess the pricing is about the same for store to store.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts