Wheels= Every1 knows already
Picked the whole set up for $400.
Damn good deal!
________
Xt660

·
on line
3,484 Posts
Let me know how you like them tires. I did consider them. Back in the old days MT was like the only thing I would run. I opened my mind and thus my pocketbook on the BFG's that are built out of balance. Looks good, Nice wheels! BTW wheels were as near perfect as possible.

MC

·
on line
335 Posts
can we get a pic of it flat, on the ground? looks reallly good though.

MC Cooper makes a good tire, should take a look at the S/T also. (mickey thompson is made by the same company)

·
on line
3,484 Posts
Yea, that's a driveway shot no matter how much on the bank it is. Ruel is, any tire within 35 feet of a driveway, road or parking lot and it is a driveway shot. I just made the rule! :nike:

There are plenty pictures of mine on the flat.
MC

·
on line
1,667 Posts
damn you! i thought i got a good deal on stock steelies.

·
Super Moderator
2,600 Posts
USMC XTERRA said:
BoonDox said:
matrix12480:
WTF is up with your rear bumper?!
:sign5: Yea that's a new one eh? Close up shots! Hey! some people may want a DIY option cough it up! LOL Nice spot there Boondox! MC
You guys beat me to it. What's up with that bumper? Let's have a closer look.

·
on line
1,667 Posts
sorry i wanted to post pics after i had the corners done.

its 11 gauge stainless (.120 thickness) with 4" trailer LEDs. we do sheet metal for a customer that finishes his product in powdercoat that is somewhat similar to nissan's Night Armor (so i thought). the finish is very close in the shade (where i matched it up to the truck) but not so much in the direct sunlight. it comes down to the silver flakes in the powdercoat.

i included a tow hitch but i am not going to tow anything just yet. i made it so that i can put a bike rack on the back since my spare is going up top.

i havent wired it just yet cause in waiting for a tow wiring harness. i figure that i can tap into that for power.

i should have spent some more time on the design cause im not too thrilled about it. now that i look at it, i should have put another bend in it to take the "flatness" out. also it looks a little wide but its not any bigger than the stock bumper.

here is is ready to go to the powdercoater:

light assembly:

Head on:

In the shade:

·
on line
3,262 Posts
Hmm, i cant decide whether i like it or not?!?! Definitely a good idea... but something just doesnt seem right. i guess i just need to see it with the side steps on.

Oh i know... You need some 'D' shackel mounts!!

·
on line
1,667 Posts
S_e_X-Terra said:
Hmm, i cant decide whether i like it or not?!?! Definitely a good idea... but something just doesnt seem right. i guess i just need to see it with the side steps on.

Oh i know... You need some 'D' shackel mounts!!
i looked at the D- shackles but i thought about the thickness of the material i used and decided not going that route. the metal would be too weak and even if i added the d-shackles for looks i would be tempted to use them.

i mainly stay on the road anyway, but thanks for the comments.

·
on line
3,484 Posts
Well, I'd have to see the pictures with the corners to decide. It sure looks like it was a lot of work you can be proud of the DIY one of a kind for sure. Stainless is good. You can plug a D shackle into the hitch and that will work. I like the way the plate sits in all recessed as well as the lights, although I am undecided on the lights. One thing is for sure, If I see you, I will know it's you! MC

·
on line
1,667 Posts
USMC XTERRA said:
It sure looks like it was a lot of work you can be proud of the DIY one of a kind for sure. Stainless is good. You can plug a D shackle into the hitch and that will work. I like the way the plate sits in all recessed as well as the lights, although I am undecided on the lights. One thing is for sure, If I see you, I will know it's you! MC
That is what i wanted. One of a kind. it might not be the best for offroad use but i can still throw a d-shackle in the hitch. speaking of which, where did you get yours MC?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts