Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got 2.5 in spacers installed up front. Alignment couldnt be done the next day bc they needed extra time to adjust the camber, plus they didnt like the cam bolts i had so I have to wait till the new ones come in to make another appt.

Basically I'm driving to and from work slightly off camber, suspension sounds and feels fine, then i went over one of those small speed bumps & hear a clunk. went over the same bump the next day, and I have to crawl over it not to hear the clunk. i think it might only be coming from the pass side but it's hard to tell.

Do you think this is bc of my wheels being off camber and will be fixed once i get everything straightend out or do you think it has anything to do with the install?

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You can go back through and tighten everything down again to see if that helps. How much space do you have between your control arms and shock tower (the part where the 3 bolts hold the coilover)? could be cbc.
yeah thats what i was worried about- I'll measure after work.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
did some more reading and it defintely sounds like cbc. I guess the real question is, does incorrect camber worsen cbc and will getting it adjusted reduce the clunk, or are they unrelated?

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
noise isnt whats going to bother me, what kind of damage is it going to cause in the long run?
As long as you aren't really hammering on them, it will just be an annoyance. I wheel the piss out of mine and it still hasn't really hurt the coil bucket (yes, you have a coil bucket) or the UCA.

Untill you decide to buy new UCA's, throw these in. It'll help dampen the clunk:eek:ccasion5:
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/ens-9-9132r?seid=srese1&gclid=Cj0KEQjwm6CgBRC0zOmrydrqmosBEiQA_xoLRgd1HnKhxga7cZkDFcm-CY-XDGlPGoiNd4pgzzJT6EAaAijX8P8HAQ

1 - 14 of 14 Posts