1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
on line
1,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
on line
1,618 Posts
That's some good stuff, too rich for my blood though. I could build another rig and still have enough money left over to fill up each gas tank half way. :compress:
I must say, they build some amazing stuff!!!!

I really like those wheels, think they fit without spacers? They look like fake beadlocks, but at least they aren't too gawdy.

·
on line
3,272 Posts
Who is the guy doing the Moab trail near the end of those photos on the 2nd link?

·
on line
204 Posts
KillJoy LosAngeles said:
Who is the guy doing the Moab trail near the end of those photos on the 2nd link?
I believe that is " flipflop" on here, he totaled his X from what I've read, he has an FJ now.

·
on line
1,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
2006fronty said:
I believe that is " flipflop" on here, he totaled his X from what I've read, he has an FJ now.
that's correct; there's thread of his build-up on here somewhere.

The wheels pictured above are KMC enduro's... yes, spacers needed.

-

·
on line
1,792 Posts
lifeinthesouth said:
See d-rap's X... first few photos in second link
Yeah, I'll have a bunch more pics and some feedback on the SLR mid-travel soon. It looks like I'll have my X back from SLR in about another week or so.

Thanks Mike for posting this breakdown. The stuff is pricey, no doubt, but an X built by SLR will be built to last--and built for some serious fun.

·
on line
204 Posts
lifeinthesouth said:
The wheels pictured above are KMC enduro's... yes, spacers needed.

-
Those are the older version of the Enduro's which actually came in our bolt pattern, but you have to run a small spacer. The new Enduro's aren't even made in our bolt pattern any more ( KMC got bought out by Wheel Pro's) You can tell the difference because the on old version the face of the wheel was flat, the "Wheel Pro's" ones have a little curve to the face of the rim. The good thing about the new "KMC/Wheel Pro's" Enduros is that you can get them in beadlocks and they come as blanks, so you can take them to your local machine shop and have them drill them out for you in our dumb ass bolt pattern.

·
on line
704 Posts
Does SLR do work on premises? I'd be nice to drop the car off in LA, hang out while they work on it and then jump straight to some trails in SoCal.

·
on line
1,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
vman said:
Does SLR do work on premises? I'd be nice to drop the car off in LA, hang out while they work on it and then jump straight to some trails in SoCal.
Just depends on how long you're able to hang out in LA...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts