Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went ahead and grabbed a set of pre-fabbed sliders (Trail-Gear) from Summit for $187 and a set of mounting plates for $20, all with free shipping.

I then took them over to a buddies fabrication shop and had him do the install. I paid $250 to have them all installed, and its worth it IMO due to the welding skills that this guy has. The mounts are gusseted and fully welded to the frame. Everything is solidly welded together.. Just the way I prefer it.

These photos show them in bare steel. I went home and added a coat of duplicolor wheel paint to them yesterday. Now I just need to get some bed-liner and line the tops of them for some grip (my girlfriend hates not having a step, and while these arent much of a step, they will appease her)

Welding the plates on

Mocked up for height and level

Finished on the drivers side

And passenger side

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Photos added. So far Im pretty happy with the overall fit and finish of these pre-fabbed sliders.. even though they were technically designed for the 4Runner.

Painted up..

Welded and gusseted

With the body line

They don't stick out barely at all

Sits about inboard from edges of tires

I wanted them to sit a tad out from the body..

·
Registered
16 Posts
What's the length of those? I've been looking into either getting the Trail Gear sliders or some prefabbed sliders of EBay. Looks really good.

·
Registered
16 Posts
They make 58", 67", and 78", according to their website. If they are for a 4Runner they should be the 58"s, it never hurts to be sure though.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts