Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
on line
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After 65k miles on my BFG AT's, it was time for a new set of tires. I pretty much had settled on another set of BFG's, but when calling around for pricing here locally, my interest in the Cooper Discoverer S/T Maxx was renewed when I found I could get them for the same price as the BFG AT's. I had previously fallen in love with them about a year and a half ago, long before actually needing tires, so eventually I lost interest because I wasn't planning on buying at the time.

So far, I LOVE them. They look amazing, so beefy. They also are a lot less rough riding than I expected from an E range tire (my BFG's were D range). The tread depth on these Coopers is crazy, dang near 19/32nds (listed as 18.5 officially). It's probably just in my head, but they seem to look noticeably bigger than the BFG's of the same size (265/75/16). They are just slightly louder on pavement than the BFG's, but that's not a real concern with me since my exhaust is louder than stock (Magnaflow). I am definitely happy with the purchase so far.

Pics:

·
Registered
506 Posts
They look great! Where did you get your tires?
Those aren't available everywhere (maybe special order...)

I was getting ready to get new tires myself... Thinking of the Cooper Discoverer ATP, then thought I made up my mind to get BFG ATs instead (had them on Jeeps before), but now that Discoverer S/T Maxx looks nice, but only avail at a few retailers around here (like Sears). decisions, decisions...

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
They look great! Where did you get your tires?
Those aren't available everywhere (maybe special order...)

I was getting ready to get new tires myself... Thinking of the Cooper Discoverer ATP, then thought I made up my mind to get BFG ATs instead (had them on Jeeps before), but now that Discoverer S/T Maxx looks nice, but only avail at a few retailers around here (like Sears). decisions, decisions...
I ordered mine thru Discount Tire's website and had them delivered. I just a cross country road trip with them and they weren't noticeable at all. I've had them for 2 off road trip so far and never had a problem. I got mine in 285/75/16 E load range on stock wheels. No wear issues either.
Posted via Mobile Device

1 - 5 of 5 Posts