Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
As stated in my other thread, the rugged trails barley passed inspection at 29k miles! So i knew i was in for new tires. And being that is all you have between the road and you, it's kind of important. I went with FIRESTONE DESTINATION A/T. Decent looking A/T tread and tire. I went blackwalls out this time for a different look. I like it. Hope these prove to to be better than the rugged trails. FIRESTONE also installed them this morning. Alignment was found to be ok. $708.87 OTD. Merry christmas xterra! LOL....

Great reviews...

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Firestone&tireModel=Destination+A/T

Upon futher inspection i found the machine did indeed leave some surface scratches on all 4 wheels! Really? They were not there before of course. I did call them this morning and tell them! He said to swing it by tomorrow for a look see.

UPDATE: Took it up this morning in a downpour of course. Met the manager and we pulled it inside. I took some ww and a towel with me. Under his flashlight, sure enough the scratches on all 4 wheels were there as i pointed them out. OK This is what we will do. We have contact with a company that refinishes wheels and does them on site here. I will call them and set up a appointment for you and provide a rental also for that day. That sounds good to me. Fair enough. They still cant figure how it happened. So in my book i think thats fair.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
39 Days later......Firestone did make good and i got 4 new wheels installed yesterday. A little different than factory. These are all one color. Gun metal grey. Still a pro 4x wheel. I like these better than factory. They look great against the night armor.

Side note: Had some bad weather yesterday. The firestone a/t tires are amazing! One of the best i have driven on.

·
TNX Administrator
20,234 Posts
Pictures ? :D

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yea. They are a darker grey than in my picture. They are not the 2-tone machine finish like i had on. But after seeing these i liked them better than my stock pro4x wheels. I like the one color better. Looks good against the night armor.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just wanted to update about the tires. They are AMAZING! Winter is here in PA. And these tires have taken everything throw at them and ask for more. Wet handling is also perfect.

·
TNX Administrator
20,234 Posts
Good to hear - same tires I have - on my 2nd set.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts