Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've always loved the look of the Nismo Enkei's and it was very hard trying to find a set. But... the beloved clubfrontier site had a member selling a brand new set, and I jumped on it.
I don't plan to off-road my Off Road edition Xterra and wanted a more sporty feel to my 2WD 6 speed manual SUV.
Ended up getting some Kumho Ecsta STX in a 285/60/R18 size... bout the same size as my stock 265/75/R16's.
I'm gonna wait until tomorrow or the next day to mount them as it's been a bit snowy and nasty lately.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
kinda weird, isn't it? But it's true...

2WD, 6 speed, Off Road edition Xterra in Red Brawn. Got the good stuff (skids, bilsteins, RF, foglites, steering wheel controls) but what I really wanted... manual gearbox and 2wd. :headbang:

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here are some pics.

A before shot....

Front view.....

Nismo's side view....

Nismo's front view...

Then I took the mudflaps off and this is the final result. (it's dirty... i know)

·
on line
10,980 Posts
Looks good! Still decent proportions; in my opinion, these look much better than some of the rubber-band tires that some seem to like for exclusively street-driven SUVs.

·
on line
2,165 Posts
Ok. I feel much better now. Dumb, but not crazy. I was looking at the ones of the truck outside!

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Gave the X a good washing and wax a few days ago. Took of the front mudflaps outta the back... much cleaner now.
Put a few more miles on it... definatley handles great now. not much tire squeal or anything funny going on.

·
Registered
310 Posts
if he has a bigger tire than stock then it raised his ground clearance... i suppose it's normal when running a rim that is bigger than stock that you would run a bigger tire on it as well. best way to find out if it's a larger diameter tire or to see how tall the tire is would be to use an online tire height calculator.

·
Registered
310 Posts
the 285/60/18's the OP used are 31.46" tall.... so basically the same height as the oem 16" wheels and tires from factory for the xterra. meaning the vehicle doesn't sit any taller

1 - 20 of 23 Posts