Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My X is needing new rear shocks and I need some help deciding on what to get. Firstly, my X is my DD and is stock height right now but I might be getting a short lift at some point (1"-1.5") so I would like to get something that would still work. I off road occasionally and mostly on Forest Service Roads but I am looking for something that will give me good on/off road performance.

I'm trying to decide between Bilstein 5100's, Fox 2.0 Performance Series and Radflo 2.0's. I've read a lot about the Bilstein and Radflo rears but I haven't been able to find much on the Fox's, could someone with experience give me some insight on how they compare to the others?

Also, are the Radflo's worth the extra money compared to Bilstein's or Fox's?

Thanks

·
Registered
96 Posts
My X is needing new rear shocks and I need some help deciding on what to get. Firstly, my X is my DD and is stock height right now but I might be getting a short lift at some point (1"-1.5") so I would like to get something that would still work. I off road occasionally and mostly on Forest Service Roads but I am looking for something that will give me good on/off road performance.

I'm trying to decide between Bilstein 5100's, Fox 2.0 Performance Series and Radflo 2.0's. I've read a lot about the Bilstein and Radflo rears but I haven't been able to find much on the Fox's, could someone with experience give me some insight on how they compare to the others?

Also, are the Radflo's worth the extra money compared to Bilstein's or Fox's?

Thanks
That depends on what you want to achieve down the road. All 3 are a good choice. Radflo's are expensive. Do you plan on keeping your X ? Do you want rebuild-able or non rebuild able, etc., etc. It's all up to you. There's plenty of topics on here. Just start reading, and make your decision based on what suits your needs the best, and how much money you have to spend.

4wheelparts is running 5% off.
http://www.4wheelparts.com/Lift-Kits-Suspensions-and-Shocks/Bilstein-Shocks.aspx?t_c=1&t_s=90&t_pt=3306&t_pl=9763

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
I do not know if it is the case with the Fox rears for the X, but someone bought them for their Frontier as they said they were good up to 2 inch lift and he discovered they topped out before the end of his flex so he took them back off and sold them. I would try and find out the full extended length of the fox compared to the others to be sure they will do what you want. I have heard they work well, but may not be suitable if you lift.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The Fox website states that their rear shocks are good for 0-1" of lift but their fronts are good for 0-2" so that may be where the guy with the frontier had the issue.

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
If you are keeping the suspension stock id say go with the fox shocks, but if you go with any kind of lift, i wouldnt go that route, because they will limit your suspension travel. Idk any lift that is only 1" in the rear, unless you just did a shackle which is a bad idea IMO.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts