Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

New Radiator or Better Trans Cooler

2K views 13 replies 5 participants last post by  21SF 
#1 ·
I by-passed my rad a couple weeks ago and still trying to figure out best way to cool trans better. new radiator or a better trans oil cooler w a fan. need help!:

#6 ·
185 on 165 off, the way I wired it it continues to run once the truck is shut off. You could wire it either way though. Or add a switch like kill switch did.

Also it has only kicked on a few times, once on a hot day and some spirited driving and a few off road. I like the idea of a switch to just keep it on while off road just to be safe.

#13 ·
I measured earlier today and you're right about the 2" space and I was thinking the same as you, I believe. It looked like you could throw in some washers or longer bolts to move it out an inch or so and put the fan behind the cooler.

I couldn't convince myself that a puller fan would be more efficient than one on the front, but I didn't want to have to chop up the inside of the honey comb grill to make it fit so I'm going to put it behind

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.