Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
on line
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was lurking over at clubfrontier.org. Someone claims to have spoken to someone in person at SLR and that they will be releasing some new products (and a new website) for the X/Fronty in the next couple months, including a new 3" inch kit with UCAs, a long travel (14") kit and NEW GEARS. No other info. Here's the link.

http://www.clubfrontier.org/forums/showthread.php?t=6769&page=2

·
on line
2,938 Posts
very cool. I see nothing about new gears on the post. I could just be blind

·
on line
335 Posts
halfway down the second page

I want to say it was around $4k He is about to launch a new web site.. he is also working on new gearing for the 2nd gen..
they're also talking about a 6" lift from fabtech on there...cool

·
on line
3,217 Posts
That's great news. Glad that things are coming together for us. Wonder if they are finally listening to us?

·
on line
1,407 Posts
I think as long as Jordan knows he can come here for any information he might need we will be doing ok. Heck he might even float us a little press!

·
on line
641 Posts
muzikman said:
Are they talking TC gears or diff gears?
Coming from SLR I bet they're diff gears, although I wish they were T/C gears. Right now, I fell I need more T/C gears than a SAS.

·
on line
15,651 Posts
Ofter driving the Rubicon I have a hard time not having that 4:1 TC in the Xterra. So I agree, I really would like some TC gears. :)

Though, if new gears for the front diff would prevent it from blowing up then I would be all for that as well.

·
on line
1,114 Posts
Offroad said:
muzikman said:
Are they talking TC gears or diff gears?
Coming from SLR I bet they're diff gears, although I wish they were T/C gears. Right now, I fell I need more T/C gears than a SAS.
Not me. I'll take differential gears any day over T/C gears.

·
on line
3 Posts
SLR gear info

Hello,

Xterra’s I’m over the fence at Club Frontier anyway I have spoken with SLR last week asking them about gearing for our rigs. The drivelines for the Xterra and Frontier are about the same. They are going to have ring and pinion gears for us in 1 to 3 months. Not sure about the splines because I didn’t ask. They’re two manufactures working on new gears are Superior and the other is the vendor that currently fabs the stock gears. Alas as with anything that is offroad and aftermarket it may be longer then this. But never the less things are moving in the right direction. I’ll be checking in with SLR from time to time.

Cheers
:cyclops:

·
on line
1,114 Posts
This is encouraging news but I won't hold my breath. Still, if they do make rings and pinions available, that opens the door for cheaper SAS options. It's especially true once a SAS kit becomes available. That's gonna be one expensive SAS kit though.

I wonder if they're working on T/C gears, too?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts