Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
on line
4,593 Posts
Separate drain, fill and level check plugs. :cool:

As I have peeled my OEM steel one ajar more than once, I wonder how the Aluminum would stand up to that. Always wanted to upgrade but have been short of funds; especially considering all the other crap that goes wrong on these 2005 models.

international and BFE will cost extra to ship.
LMAO.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
I kid of wish I'd know about this one before I bought the ballistic Fab one...this one looks like it will have good protection, heat transfer, and esthetically superior, IMO.

Sn0

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
As I have peeled my OEM steel one ajar more than once, I wonder how the Aluminum would stand up to that.
Well, the OEM diff cover on the Titan M226 is a finned aluminum cover that is a lot thinner. I ran the Titan cover on my Frontier for a long time and loved it.

I kid of wish I'd know about this one before I bought the ballistic Fab one...this one looks like it will have good protection, heat transfer, and esthetically superior, IMO.

Sn0
Tell me about it...:(

·
Premium Member
9,791 Posts
great option on this with the extra drain. i need to get rid of this c200 axle...

·
Veteran - AKA Truffle's
3,410 Posts
aluminum is great but watching them on jeeps and my father and brother both have the g2 covers on there jk's. They never last but look great but I would still consider one if I hadn't bought a BTF cover

·
on line
22,508 Posts

Sn0
Why? This is useless for protection. It's good for cooling for towing, but THIS IS NOT FOR PROTECTION! It seems by the many posts above me you guys think this is for protection like BTF, Ballistic and Shrock. Cast aluminum is horrible for rocks bashing and will break. This is comparing apples and meatloaf. Not even apples and bananas.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Why? This is useless for protection. It's good for cooling for towing, but THIS IS NOT FOR PROTECTION! It seems by the many posts above me you guys think this is for protection like BTF, Ballistic and Shrock. Cast aluminum is horrible for rocks bashing and will break. This is comparing apples and meatloaf. Not even apples and bananas.
Posted via Mobile Device
Im glad Im not the only one that thought of this. Aluminum is to soft for bashing against rocks. And I would think it would chip or crack too quickly from banging against rocks.

·
Registered
3,592 Posts
Posted via Mobile Device
Yeah no **** eh, I wasn't even thinking. Aluminum is good for some things but not for protection

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Banned
4,806 Posts
Posted via Mobile Device
It's not even billet..dumb

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
6,919 Posts
Dragging, I can see it working (and losing long channels of metal). Towing, absolutely. I'm not so sure about sudden impacts though. I cast metals (including aluminum) for a living and I'll be the first to tell you that they can be more brittle than if you had welded sheets of it. I'd like to know more about the casting process (for example, some cast aluminum can be contaminated with iron if a steel crucible is used, or if the final piece is heat treated at all) and type of aluminum used before passing further judgment. If it's 6061, fuhgeddaboutit!

1 - 20 of 52 Posts