Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
on line
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was looking at an '05 X recently, and stumbled across this site trying to find info on them. Didn't work out, but the search is still on, though I very well might change my mind before I find one. In the meantime I'd love to learn more about them and share what general knowledge I have.

Just so everyone knows I currently have a 1996 Chevy S10 2wd and lifted, and am mostly a GM fan, but my taste varies. I currently work for a Toyota dealership, and like the FJ's, but the Xterra seems just as nice and cheaper.

So I hope I'm welcome here, and if anybody is selling their 4x4, 6-speed X, let me know.

·
on line
2,077 Posts
welcome aboard!

i've always had american cars, and was about to by another american truck until i randomly test drove an xterra.....needless to say, you can tell which way i went!

the Xterra is a great capable vehicle, you won't regret buying one!

·
on line
4,919 Posts
I'm the same as willgr1. I've always owned american vehicles and only looked at the X when test driving SUVs for my girlfriend. I had my mind set on the '07 Tahoe as I was looking at buying a new car at the same time and instead went with the X: better gas milage, easier to drive in the city, and about 15 grand less. Oddly, she went with the FJ, which isn't a bad rig, (EDIT: for a chick)but I personally like the X better.

Welcome, and good luck with whatever you decide to get.

:cheers:

·
TNX Administrator
20,252 Posts
:pirate: Ahoy, Matey! :newb: (n00b) Welcome! Yer on a site dedicated to Nissan's, "Next Generation Xterra." Step aboard, take in what you can, but promise to share what you learn! :3some:

·
on line
564 Posts
Welcome!

·
on line
1,884 Posts
Handle: ChevyTrucker...Are you lost???

Work for Toyota... Are you lost???

Nope. You just found the place for the answers! Welcome aboard :cheers:

·
on line
1,208 Posts
Welcome to the best site on the web. The X rules the FJ, and for alot less at that. :drunken:

·
on line
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
RogueClimber said:
Handle: ChevyTrucker...Are you lost???

Work for Toyota... Are you lost???

Nope. You just found the place for the answers! Welcome aboard :cheers:
I thought it might be a little confusing. Like I said my taste varies.

And as for the FJ, my brother has one and I've personally wheeled it a bunch(he didn't even mind the custom pinstriping) and liked it a lot. But of course I'm used to a 2wd S10 with an open rear, so anything with 4x4 and a locker is a vast improvement. I haven't wheeled an Xterra yet, and I don't expect anyone to let me, but judging from what I've heard and what I've seen of the truck it should be just as good if not better. It also has about the same wheelbase and is a couple inches narrower, both of which are good.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts