Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys!
I just sold my starter car yesterday (last pic) and upgraded to a 2012 X-Terra S and I get to take it home Monday. I’m so excited to be able to make this car my own and to be a part of this community. I’m planning on driving it until the wheels fall off; I live in West Virginia so there’s plenty of opportunities to really test the limits. What’s the necessary items to put on my to-do list in terms of inspection and mods? For context, I’ve driven a Honda Civic as my daily for five years so this is pretty new to me.
A8C176A2-1459-4451-80ED-9CC06F171922.jpeg
41D58AC7-2B5C-44C3-82E9-16315F51F962.jpeg
1D8EF519-6E0D-4CEF-86C6-64B32DB85F78.jpeg
2C9F5B7C-497F-406B-B08B-4E011EC40463.jpeg

·
Registered
09, lifted, 33's
107 Posts
Nice lookin X! Fresh fluids (trans, transfer case, and diffs) and checking the rear diff's vent breather cap. how many miles are on that puppy?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice lookin X! Fresh fluids (trans, transfer case, and diffs) and checking the rear diff's vent breather cap. how many miles are on that puppy?
Thanks! There was actually another one on the lot, a Pro-4X, but it had some rust, more miles, and all stock so I picked this one. I love what the previous owners have done to it. It has 107k on it, decent service record too thankfully!

·
Premium Member
994 Posts
Looks great!
There is no going back now to passenger cars, since my first SUV it's only been SUVs.
Many good reasons, for a daily driver and a weekend car, and making it your own, just how you like it.

·
Well then...
914 Posts
Congratulations on the purchase. Looks like your truck came with a moderate lift and a nice set of wheels.

I would personally recommend you remove the step rails and mudflaps as you’ll likely rip the mudflaps off your first day on the trail and the steps can really do some damage if bent back into your rocker panel. The only real ‘must do’s’.

Other than that, search the site for ideas, enjoy your rig and make it your own as you see fit. I’ve enjoyed modifying as I go. It is also easier on the budget, as anyone who tells you that camping, off roading or camping while off roading and exploring is inexpensive is flat out being untruthful. Just ask my wife.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Welcome in...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey guys!
I just sold my starter car yesterday (last pic) and upgraded to a 2012 X-Terra S and I get to take it home Monday. I’m so excited to be able to make this car my own and to be a part of this community. I’m planning on driving it until the wheels fall off; I live in West Virginia so there’s plenty of opportunities to really test the limits. What’s the necessary items to put on my to-do list in terms of inspection and mods? For context, I’ve driven a Honda Civic as my daily for five years so this is pretty new to me.
View attachment 133498
View attachment 133499
View attachment 133500
View attachment 133501
I got my keys today! For day one I removed my front license plate bracket and replaced the headlight bulbs with new LEDs. Driving around has been so fun, I’m super excited to really mod it out and make it mine!

·
Well then...
914 Posts
I got my keys today! For day one I removed my front license plate bracket and replaced the headlight bulbs with new LEDs. Driving around has been so fun, I’m super excited to really mod it out and make it mine!
Removing and adding is half the fun, enjoy!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey guys!
View attachment 133498
View attachment 133499
View attachment 133500
View attachment 133501

Repainted the rear bumper and hitch as well as the front bumper under the grill! Added new LED fog light, reverse, and side marker light bulbs as well. This week I’ll be hardwiring some interior LED strips through the fuse box.

·
Premium Member
2005 Xterra 4wd 6MT 1.5" lift Heftyfab skids,Shrockworks diff guard,Hardcoreoffroad sliders
346 Posts
If you want suggestions on mods it would help if we knew what it has done already and how you plan on using it as far as off road. Out here in the desert where I live we have lots of soft sand and rocks. So I have installed heavy duty skid plates rock sliders and a small 1.5" lift as far as tires I have all terrains 265/75/16 the stock size for a pro4x. This setup so far has served me well. Just this past weekend I was out with some Jeep owners and they were all impressed by what I can do with my X compared to their Jeeps that all have more lift and bigger tires.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If you want suggestions on mods it would help if we knew what it has done already and how you plan on using it as far as off road. Out here in the desert where I live we have lots of soft sand and rocks. So I have installed heavy duty skid plates rock sliders and a small 1.5" lift as far as tires I have all terrains 265/75/16 the stock size for a pro4x. This setup so far has served me well. Just this past weekend I was out with some Jeep owners and they were all impressed by what I can do with my X compared to their Jeeps that all have more lift and bigger tires.
Haha you’re right! I’m not entirely sure what all has been done to it, I know there’s a lift and that they’ve done the headlight mod. I also have an add a circuit that has been unplugged from the fuse box so I’m assuming some sort of light bar or something else has been added. As for off-roading, I’m a newbie, so I’m not quite sure as of yet. I know there are some trails around here and lots of people around here go mudding.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts