Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
I just purchased a 2015 Xterra S with 91k. It was a one owner with every service recorded on Carfax. I wanted to get into a Frontier or X ever since my parents got a 2011 Frontier SL. I love the seating position; it is one of the only vehicles that I can tolerate with my bad disc. The dealer gave me more money for my trade than I would have got privately, so it made sense to pull the trigger on it.

I was surprised how tight the turning radius is compared to the 2011 Frontier. I'm not sure if they fixed this in newer years or the Xterra is different from the Frontier, but I am happy the X turns so nice.

Based on how many miles my parents have on their Frontier, I hope this one serves me for many years, as well!

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Depends on what model the frontier was.... the front suspension is all the same between the 2 and hasn't changed, but the Xterra is just much shorter than most Frontier cab/bed setups.
I'm accustomed to my Xterra, so driving my dad's 4dr Frontier felt like a limo or a bus. It was just... odd feeling.
That's partially why keep the Xterra. I need the back seat, and didn't like the turning radius of the Frontier.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yea I agree it feels odd. A couple times I couldn't even make a turn off the street; had to reverse a bit to make it. I didn't absolutely need the truck since my parents and friends have one I can borrow, so I am happy with the X. I usually rock hatchbacks/suv's with the back seats down, so it is like having a truck with a bed cap. I plan to camp in it, also.

·
Premium Member
2015 Nissan Xterra Pro-4X 6MT Metallic Blue
29 Posts
Welcome fellow '15 owner, good point about the turning radius, just one more thing to love about this platform. Good point by mtnbound regarding the X's use as a camper, works really well. Again welcome and many happy returns.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts