Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
I'm coming from OME's in the front, so don't have experience with radflos. I will say the mk2s have been a huge improvement in ride both on and off road. Accidentally got some air time and was incredible impressed on how they handled my heavy Xterra. Looking to soon order them for the rear.

and no clunks or noises after ~3k miles.
I was wondering about the rears too. I had seen them in their kits. Did you you get 2.0 or 2.5 bodied rear shocks?

·
Registered
126 Posts
oh interesting.... I had no idea they were even made for the rear!
Yeah I have them myself. If I remember right they're just a standard 2.0 shock. Ideally, I would've liked another 2.5 shock for the rear, but they didn't have that and I didn't wanna pay the extra for the radflo rear 2.5 with resi's so I stuck with this. So far they run good on and off road. I had bought them in-person at the store, I am not sure why they don't have it listed individually on the website. It is in a couple of the packages on the website though.

·
TNX Veteran
4,877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I was wondering about the rears too. I had seen them in their kits. Did you you get 2.0 or 2.5 bodied rear shocks?
I also added the 2.0 rear shocks to my order. Figured I might as well do the whole package so I have consistent valving across front/rear.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Just finished installing the rear MK2s yesterday. Will probably be some time before I go offroad in the X, but have some highway miles to do so I'll update soon on the ride quality vs. my OME rears I had previously.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Really happy with how the rear MKIIs handled. I didn't think I would notice that much of a different over my old OMEs. the biggest thing I could say that was different is the back end specifically and really the whole truck doesn't continue bouncing/swaying as much over large bumps, or like hitting a speed bump at angle. The rear feels a lot more steady.

Overall the suspension is really improved with the MKIIs front/rear.

·
TNX Veteran
4,877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Really happy with how the rear MKIIs handled. I didn't think I would notice that much of a different over my old OMEs. the biggest thing I could say that was different is the back end specifically and really the whole truck doesn't continue bouncing/swaying as much over large bumps, or like hitting a speed bump at angle. The rear feels a lot more steady.

Ooh exciting! That's great to hear.

·
TNX Veteran
4,877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
These things are cool. The best thing is that I ordered them Monday and they showed up Friday! I like the rubber boot that my Radflos do not have. The bearing spacers in the top have a little rubber o-ring around them. I am assuming that is to help with dirt/grime. I don't have the fronts yet, and I'm gone this weekend, but I want to install these on Monday and see if I can tell a difference.

·
Registered
9 Posts

These things are cool. The best thing is that I ordered them Monday and they showed up Friday! I like the rubber boot that my Radflos do not have. The bearing spacers in the top have a little rubber o-ring around them. I am assuming that is to help with dirt/grime. I don't have the fronts yet, and I'm gone this weekend, but I want to install these on Monday and see if I can tell a difference.

so what do you think? did you get around to installing the fronts and rears? Thinking about going for these (non TS version).

·
Registered
9 Posts
Just came across this thread and thought I'd share a few pics. I just picked up the truck from Nisstec about 3 days ago. MKII installed on 2012 S trim. Loving everything about the suspension as of now. Haven't had a chance to get it on the trails yet, but it rides very well on the highway

View attachment 145758
View attachment 145757
looks awesome, is this titan swapped?

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Just made the swap to MKII's from radflo. But in simultaneously jumping to a TS. A direct comparison in feel is a bit skewed for me.

Here are the two side by side. Ignoring the obvious size differences (2.0 vs 2.5 and TS length) theres are some pretty clear quality differences between the two. Larger pivot bearings with rubber seals, nicer and more user friendly spring collars. Meatier threads on the shock body, to name a few.

Coil spring Gas Suspension Household hardware Auto part

·
Registered
2006 Xterra S M6 and 2010 Xterra Off Road
358 Posts
Looking forward to when I can make that purchase. Titan swap is 1-2 yrs away for me I think. Following along to see what you all think.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Just made the swap to MKII's from radflo. But in simultaneously jumping to a TS. A direct comparison in feel is a bit skewed for me.

Here are the two side by side. Ignoring the obvious size differences (2.0 vs 2.5 and TS length) theres are some pretty clear quality differences between the two. Larger pivot bearings with rubber seals, nicer and more user friendly spring collars. Meatier threads on the shock body, to name a few.

View attachment 147258
I ordered the front and rear MKII's a little over a month ago and it looks like they'll be worth the wait from what I've seen and read. Can't wait!

21 - 33 of 33 Posts