Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried these new titan swap specific coilovers nisstec is selling? They are listed as "Nisstec MKII Aluminum 2.5" Titan Swap Coilover" and they come with Eibach springs and are non-resi and they sell for $1099. How do you think these would compare to radflos? I haven't heard anything about these yet and just saw them posted on there website when I was looking around tonight.

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
So far, I've only seen one vehicle running these, and that was over on FB. However, the posts were by Nisstec, not by the owner. Hopefully, someone will provide some input on these, it's nice to see another option for the TS.

·
Premium Member
317 Posts
The shock body comes from Elka. Quite a few guys here in Vancouver area run Elka shocks on their Toyota's and are fairly impressed by them. If they were available at the time I was purchasing all my Tswap stuff I probably would have gone with these over the Radflo's.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The shock body comes from Elka. Quite a few guys here in Vancouver area run Elka shocks on their Toyota's and are fairly impressed by them. If they were available at the time I was purchasing all my Tswap stuff I probably would have gone with these over the Radflo's.
Where did u hear that from? Cuz Elka has a really good reputation in the mx and quad world so if that's true then it should be good to go. From what I understand these shocks are in stock and ready to ship oppose to radflo which I've heard has 2-3month lead times right now so that makes them tempting but I don't want to get an inferior product just cuz I'm impatient

·
Premium Member
317 Posts
Where did u hear that from? Cuz Elka has a really good reputation in the mx and quad world so if that's true then it should be good to go. From what I understand these shocks are in stock and ready to ship oppose to radflo which I've heard has 2-3month lead times right now so that makes them tempting but I don't want to get an inferior product just cuz I'm impatient
Check their Facebook page. There’s a particular post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
108 Posts
I had actually heard about these a month ago, and when I was inquiring about how'd they compare to Radflos, the Nisstec techs said that they're on par with radflo in performance. Obviously it's their house-brand so it's up to interpretation, but I was also told there would be a 2.5 version for non-titan swapped, which is is a shame because I don't see one. Torn now between getting the MKII 2.0 or waiting 3 months for 2.5 radflos

·
Registered
15 Posts
Has anyone tried these new titan swap specific coilovers nisstec is selling? They are listed as "Nisstec MKII Aluminum 2.5" Titan Swap Coilover" and they come with Eibach springs and are non-resi and they sell for $1099. How do you think these would compare to radflos? I haven't heard anything about these yet and just saw them posted on there website when I was looking around tonight.

I'm putting together a Titan swap next week with MKII 2.5s. I have radflos now which have been awesome, but due manufacturing times I went with Nisstec as they are immediately available. I'll be able to update ya'll on how they compare in the near future.

·
Registered
15 Posts
So far my Titan swap MK2 650# coilovers ride almost identical to my 2.0 600# extended radflos, maybe even a little softer even though the springs are heavier, now there’s a geometry change with the Titan swap, but I just preloaded the springs a bit and now they feel nearly exactly the same, I just have more travel now, which is noticeable. That’s all for the short term review. They came with Elka springs. Loved my radflos, bilsteins are just okay, and MK2s fit the bill for me, definitely do not notice them to be an inferior product, in fact they may be better.

Attachments

Reactions: BeardnBrew

·
Registered
8 Posts
So far my Titan swap MK2 650# coilovers ride almost identical to my 2.0 600# extended radflos, maybe even a little softer even though the springs are heavier, now there’s a geometry change with the Titan swap, but I just preloaded the springs a bit and now they feel nearly exactly the same, I just have more travel now, which is noticeable. That’s all for the short term review. They came with Elka springs. Loved my radflos, bilsteins are just okay, and MK2s fit the bill for me, definitely do not notice them to be an inferior product, in fact they may be better.
If this is not rebuildable, how would you replace the shocks if they are blown?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Hands down better than my Radflo’s, especially off-road. The valving is better, the bump and rebound seem just right for my rig where the Radflo’s felt excessive (same spring rates). They don’t clunk either, and if they go 5000 miles without leaking I’d call them a success.
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bumper Coil spring Automotive fuel system

·
Registered
15 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
DAMN YOU PEOPLE!!!! Now I have to think all over again for which front shocks to get for my TS!!! @SS23 ; I have the same extended 600# rads you did and love them. What’s your nose setup with those 650# springs now? How much extra preload did you do to match your old feel? I’ve got a HeftyFab alum bumper/Smitty X2O 10k winch combo I’m working with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
108 Posts
Just picked the MK2's from Nisstec myself and I must say after a good conversation with the guys over there, they really addressed some of the main issues with radflos (radflo clunk, rust prone mounts, etc.)and built a better shock around that. Now once I finish sourcing parts for my t-swap and get it all in, I'll definitely provide a review. Very excited to see what these do!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts