Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Vendor
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
A shovel is one of the tools, that dates back as far as humankind and remains widely used in today's world. Over the time it became much more, than just digging holes subject. Today guys from Torxe prove that it can do much more than you could ever imagine with their new line of Tactical Shovels, now available at RECREATIONiD! This line includes 2 multi-purpose shovels, available in 2 sizes with different items included. Now you won't need to carry with you a bunch of necessary things, as many of them can be replaced by this shovel!

Torxe® TTSH-001 - 30.5" Tactical Shovel at RECREATIONiD.com

Features:

- Overall Length: 30.5"
- Shovel Head Length: 9.65"
- Shovel Head Width: 6"
- Handle Length: 20.85"
- Handle Color: Silver
- Weight: 2.75 lbs
- Replaces a knife, bottle opener, igniter, whistle, hammer, screwdriver, ruler, hex wrench.

Torxe® TTSH-002 - 37" Tactical Shovel at RECREATIONiD.com

Features:

- Overall Length: 37"
- Shovel Head Length: 10"
- Shovel Head Width: 5.75"
- Handle Length: 27"
- Handle Color: Black
- Weight: 3.86 lbs
- Replaces a knife, bottle opener, igniter, whistle, hammer, ruler.

No matter which one of Torxe Tactical Shovels you choose, it will become a perfect companion wherever life takes you!​

·
Professional Amateur Wanderer
476 Posts
Any coupon code for a discount on purchase for forum members? Why such a short 30 day warranty period on a tool that is made to appear like it is supposed to be the be all - end all replacement compact tactical tool? Is the entire unit made from stainless as the description page shows, or is this just a stainless shovel head with aluminum handle components? What is the maximum force that can be applied to the handle in the chopping configuration? Hoe configuration? Digging through clay or rocky soils? The small screw that affixes the shovel head to the handle looks like it may be a weak point in the design.

For the 37" model, can the knife be attached to the full length handle to for a makeshift spear for hunting? Is there enough free space in one of the handle segments to store fishing line, hooks and basic lures and hardware?

Most importantly, where is the product manufactured? This detail seems to be omitted from the product pages.

Any chance of doing a product giveaway for some members here to do a full evaluation of the product as there are no reviews for the items? We can evaluate, test and review the product to give others a practical overview of the capabilities of this new item.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
yeah, i was expecting the price to be much higher, like $100 plus.

i like that its affordable but wonder about the quality, LNX brought up several good points.

·
Premium Member
612 Posts
Anything with that collar lock mechanism is a nightmare.

You want a shovel use a shovel, want an axe, use an axe.

The only reason I would buy that is if I wanted 41$ of relief when I smash it to pieces out of the rage built up from trying to use it.

My opinions only, all rights reserved

:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
749 Posts
Anything with that collar lock mechanism is a nightmare.

You want a shovel use a shovel, want an axe, use an axe.

The only reason I would buy that is if I wanted 41$ of relief when I smash it to pieces out of the rage built up from trying to use it.

My opinions only, all rights reserved

:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have something similar, a compact entrenching tool. It works well, because it lives in the car, full time. I’ve used it to grab coals out of the fire for cooking, dug myself out a few times in dirt and snow and poop holes of course. It’s definitely less efficient than a full-sized shovel but the fact that I always have it makes it infinitely more useful. It has the same collar locking mechanism, maybe a plastic one even.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Vendor
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Want to see Torxe Tactical Shovels in action? Watch our new presentation video of 30" and 37" shovels on RECREATIONiD youtube channel! If you still haven't ordered one for yourself and have any questions about this product – let us know!

Call 888.453.5150 or leave your comments below! We will be glad to help!​

·
Registered
659 Posts
This is AWESOME!
If I wasnt leaving the country tommorrow i would order one right now!

I am not too worried about durability like some here say.. I am sure it would last me at least through an E&E ... if you are doing heavy duty shoveling you buy a purpose designed shovel.. same with the other features.. Its attraction is that you can do all those things in 1 package for emergency use.. like when snowed it.. when patrolling.. when evading... when broken down at the side of a road in winter .. etc.. I would totally put this in my vehicles trunk.

·
Vendor
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
659 Posts
CarId not sure why you are getting pushback.. this looks like an awesome product to have in your truck for just-in-case especially for an offroad oriented crowd. :)

Back in the day in the Army we had our "E-Tool" aka "entrenching tool" always carried on our rig.. it was broadly similar in concept but not nearly as versatile.

·
Registered
695 Posts

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
I really want someone to buy one of these and do some actual digging in rocky soil with it.

I bet that hinge / collar doesn't hold up long. But I would love to be proven wrong.

·
Lifetime Premium Member - AKA MetalJohnny
75 Posts
Order came in last night and I gave it a look over, but haven’t really done anything with it yet. First impressions were, well..........This isn’t what I was expecting. After assembling it, and playing with the various options (knife, fire striker, whistle), I’m really not sure what to think. Planning a little excursion this afternoon and will beat it up, focusing a lot of attention on the spade, axe, saw, but mostly the spade locking system. It seems to have legitimate potential.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Order came in last night and I gave it a look over, but haven’t really done anything with it yet. First impressions were, well..........This isn’t what I was expecting. After assembling it, and playing with the various options (knife, fire striker, whistle), I’m really not sure what to think. Planning a little excursion this afternoon and will beat it up, focusing a lot of attention on the spade, axe, saw, but mostly the spade locking system. It seems to have legitimate potential.
Looking forward to hearing what you think after playing around with it this afternoon.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts