Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
on line
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings, y'all. I've got an '06 OR X and have the Calmini 2.5" lift on the front, I've got the camber bolts installed as well so I can get the camber set properly.
I took the X into a recommended alignment shop and they were either unable or unwilling to do the job properly. The front wheels still have an obvious 'positive' camber and the tires are wearing unevenly.
Do the Calmini, or any other, lift spacers prevent proper wheel camber alighment?

Thanks for your time.

Gary Mc

·
on line
1,695 Posts
Did the alignment shop realize you had adjustable camber bolts? Sounds like you may need to take it to a different shop, though I think a couple people have had alignment issues with their lift (driver X, I think?).

·
on line
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did tell them about the camber bolts, even though they stick out like sore thumbs... I got new rubber put on the X today and I want the damned things to wear properly.

·
on line
3,262 Posts
The shop obviously didnt know what they are doing.

did you ask for a print out of the before and after results? If not you should have.

I have had three types of lifts on my truck at various times... AC coil springs, then I switched to 3" adjustable radflo coilovers, and now I am running the calmini lift with the 5" radflo coilovers and a coil spacer. Every time i had my truck aligned for each of these lifts I got a before and after print out. And everytime my trucks alignment looked and felt perfect (as well as being withing a suitable range).

Sounds like you just got hosed.... I would go raise hell at the shop and demand for a print out from the manager.

·
on line
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Alright, I got hosed. Nothig like throwing money down the facking drain.

Thanks for the input, I'll get the job done properly next week.

·
on line
14,014 Posts
I'm going through a similar dilemma. Bought the 5 year unlimited alignment from NTB when I bought my BFG ATs. I'm running the PRG 3" spacer w/ NISMO Bilsteins and coils w/ rear 5125 Bilsteins & Deaver AAL. I've had to go in about every other week and get aligned since mid-July. About to raise hell w/ the manager, get my $180 back, and go find someone else!

·
on line
3,262 Posts
That 'somewhere else' should be firestone. I havent had any problems at all with them (one of our members hates fireston though). Plus I think its like $139 for the lifetime alignment. They also do all the before and after printouts so you can see all the specs and stuff.

I think i have gotten mine aligned at least five times since I purchased it.... pretty good investment if you ask me! :blackeye:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts