Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
on line
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just want to introduce my Xterra. I recently bought a new 2006 Xterra S 4x4 in midnight blue for $26835. In came with dealer installed splash guards, body side molding, retractable cargo cover, in-cabin microfilter, protection package, and utility package. I also got the tow hitch with installation included in the purchase price. I asked for the fog lamps also, but they said it wasn't possible without replacing the wiring harness. I wish I had known about this forum before making the purchase. I know now that my '06 is pre-wired for fog lamps. I would have stood firm on the fog lamp request if I wasn't so ignorant. I also took the $1000 rebate and financed through my credit union. I always feel like I got cheated after I purchase a new vehicle. Does anyone feel the same?

The dealership installed the tow hitch today. I thought it was going to be just the tow hitch. They went all out and gave me everything except the hitch ball. All wiring was hooked up. Looked like it was installed from the factory. I was impressed with the service. I noticed they only charge $19.99 for an oil change, which was another plus in my book.

There's quite a few Xterra forums out there. I've decided to join this one because members around here seem more mature. I hope to keep my X for a long time. I'm a tinkerer by nature and I fix medical devices for a living. My first mods are to install the factory fog lamps and auto dimming rearview mirror with compass. I'll post a guide on the rearview installation if one hasn't been posted, yet. Parts are still in transit.

For now, I can't see myself playing in the mud. I'm going to build my X up for the urban jungle first. I hope this forum can accomodate both street and off-road members. I'd hate to hang out with the kids at XOC.

·
TNX Administrator
20,248 Posts
Well you came to the right site for next generation Xterra's, it's all here. We don't care if use your X for city or off-road, because we're all here for one reason and that is for our Xterra's and what we want to do with them. So read on.

·
on line
386 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Enjoy your new X. :cheers:

I think you will find we are not all adults on this forum either. Although the children do play together better here; most of the time. :bounce:

·
on line
1,884 Posts
Welcome aboard (from one of the children on the board)

Make sure you take a look at this post:

Max6spd's Cool Mirror

before you put in the OEM Mirror. And I agree, I always feel dirty after buying a vehicle...

·
on line
3,217 Posts
Welcome to the club. :wave:

·
on line
1,479 Posts
Welcome!!! :wav:

·
on line
1,361 Posts
Welcome, I just got mine yesterday and joined the board a few days ago.

I felt pretty good after buying mine. I beat down several Nissan dealerships and got quoted the prices on the same Xterra. There were only 3 in my area that were a 6 spd and I only wanted 2 of the 3 colors. After knowing what every dealers price was I walked a way with a great deal in my opinion so I feel good about it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts