Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
on line
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody.

Signed up with the forum cuz Im thinking bout getting an xterra for my wife in the next year or so but I refuse to have any 4x4 in stock condition and I will need some info on lifts and whatnot.

My bio

Im in the army, currently stationed in FT Bliss TX, (el paso). I am an unmanned aerial vehicle operator. Im 24 years old married with the first kid on the way. Hence the need for an SUV.

Now the good stuff.
Been into cars since toddler days and got into wheelin when I got stationed in AZ. Always interested in it but never had any resources being from MD. Just not a whole lot of people into it where Im from.

I caught the rockcrawling bug pretty heavy and made alot of newbie mistakes. First mistake was the purchase of a 4 cyl 1993 wrangler. Second mistake was buying a super 35 kit and upgrading the Dana 35. I also put a 4"lift, 33"s, 4.88s, detroit out back and lock right up front with your normal motor upgrades. Cold air K&N, header ETC.

Always wanted a cherokee so I picked up a 93 XJ with a rebuilt 4.0. I (well, my friends mostly) fabbed up a custom 9"lift. Crazy flex but I didnt have any money left so I took the lock rite out of the wrangler and put it in the cherokee and welded up the rear chrysler 8.25. Swapped the 33s from the wrangler too. It had an auto so the stock 3.55 gears worked surprisingly well. Just needed stronger axles.

Sold the wrangler.

Kept breaking shafts on the XJ, got frustrated and sold the XJ cuz "rockcrawlin was too expensive".

Didnt make it 4 months before I was lookin for another rig.

Picked up an 86 yota with the EFI and 22RE. Already had 4" lift and 33s on it. I put 63" rear chevy leafs and dual shackles in the back for crazy flex. 4.88s were in it already so I added a lock-rite in the back and welded the front diff. Threw in a dual t-case set up too. I was gettin ready to buy stuff for the SAS when I got orders for FT Bragg N.C. Didnt want to transport anything from AZ all the way to NC so I sold it. then my orders changed to El Paso which is 45 min away from some of the best extreme crawling ever. Little upset but oh well.

I know its long but now you know.

·
on line
1,340 Posts
armyguy said:
Picked up an 86 yota with the EFI and 22RE. Already had 4" lift and 33s on it. I put 63" rear chevy leafs and dual shackles in the back for crazy flex. 4.88s were in it already so I added a lock-rite in the back and welded the front diff. Threw in a dual t-case set up too. I was gettin ready to buy stuff for the SAS when I got orders for FT Bragg N.C. Didnt want to transport anything from AZ all the way to NC so I sold it. then my orders changed to El Paso which is 45 min away from some of the best extreme crawling ever. Little upset but oh well.

I know its long but now you know.
Had a 89 toy. Wasn't as nice as your but I loved it.

·
TNX Administrator
20,246 Posts
:pirate: Ahoy, Matey! :newb: to the site, Welcome! Yer on a site dedicated to Nissan's, "Next Generation Xterra." Step aboard, take in what you can, but promise to share what you learn! :3some:

·
on line
1,208 Posts
Sweet

Welcome aboard fellow hooah!

·
on line
1,884 Posts

I'd say you have the rock crawling bug!

Welcome aboard. We always need more folks from the best branch of service!

·
on line
3,217 Posts
Welcome to the club. :wave:

·
on line
564 Posts
Welcome!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts