Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
on line
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About a week ago we installed our lift on out 07 X. The lift consists of: Top Gun Spacers (yes we have UCA contact), Cam Bolts, and AC Shackles. Looks much better with a little lift. Took it to Midas (they have always done a great job for me) but they said that they couldn't align it since it was an 07 and they didn't have the scan tool needed. The local Firestone didn't have the scan tool either nor the specs on an 07. Off to the Stealership, they could get it right in but it would cost $89. Fine. Got it back and noticed two greasy hand prints on the headliner by the drivers door. Drove right back up. The service writer apoligized, got it clean, topped off the gas (half tank) and gave me his card for a free oil change. I was impressed! That made the overpriced alignment only cost about $35.
Not bad.

·
on line
240 Posts
Pics of the 07 with the lift?

·
on line
1,792 Posts
Gerdo said:
Got it back and noticed two greasy hand prints on the headliner by the drivers door. Drove right back up. The service writer apoligized, got it clean, topped off the gas (half tank) and gave me his card for a free oil change. I was impressed! That made the overpriced alignment only cost about $35.
Not bad.
Way to work the system. That's exactly what the customer deserves.

·
Read Only
656 Posts
The dealer didn't give you any static about the lift when they did the alignment? Did you buy the cam bolts from another source and have the dealer install them, or did you put them on before you took it for alignment? If the dealer doesn't get bent over aligning a lifted vehicle, then they might be decent folk to do business with.

·
on line
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No pics yet. I bought the cam bolts from AC and installed them, easy. No they gave me no static about the lift.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts