Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just ordered my Lo Pro Lightbar from Xoskel and I've been debating over which lights to order to go with it. At first I was leaning towards either the Hella FF75s or the 550s but then I started looking at my LED options.

As most of you probably know, going the LED route is far more expensive but I did find one option that makes my wallet a little happier: Rough Country just came out with a line of offroad lighting and one of their options is a set (2 lights) of 4" LED round lights for $100, closer to what I'd like to spend. It seems like the specs aren't that far off other round single lights that cost far more, but that may be my ignorance of lights showing.

I've got two questions:
1. Any idea if these will fit the Lo Pro Lightbar? (guess I should also e-mail Fangars about this) Or can I make it fit without too much modification?

2. Has anyone heard of these/have an opinion on them/are they good/etc. If not maybe I'll have to be the guinea pig and try it out/post some pictures of my attempt.

Oh, and here's the link: http://www.roughcountry.com/4-inch-led-round-lights-70004.html

·
Registered
6,919 Posts
Can't say that I've ever seen those particular lights, but I should mention that Blk11Xterra has a pair of similar Totron models up for sale:

http://www.thenewx.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73657

As to fit, I imagine they would. They seem to have a central mounting bolt, so if the bolt size matches the hole on the Xoskel bar you're all set. I think at worst you'll be drilling the Xoskel's holes to be bigger (unlikely since most lights tend to use the same bolt sizes). They would probably even fit inside the cage (which is built for 6" lights IIRC).

·
Premium Member
760 Posts
I'll tell you this: I debated what to put on the lo-pro for a while...like months. I like the concept of the LED but I really dislike the super bright white color. Went with FF75s and they are plenty bright and match the headlights and fogs. It all blends together nicely.

Just a thought

·
Registered
3,978 Posts
I do know you can get the torton 40" bar and it mounts directly to the stock wind fairing using longer bolts. You wouldn't have to buy a mount. I've got 4 100w KC's and they are bright as hail.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Alright, it's been awhile since I've been online but I just ordered a set of the 4" round LEDs from Rough Country. My Xoskel Lo Pro should be here ~ the 11th so I'll post pictures up when everything is on.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts