Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
on line
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys, I just noticed tonight on my way home that the LED's in my map and dome lights are always on. They are really bright with the doors open, but just barely bright enough to notice that they are lit when i am just driving around. So there must be at least a tiny bit of current passing through these even when they are not "on" is there a simple fix to this?

by the way they are the 9 LED festoons from superbrightleds.com

·
on line
1,479 Posts
I have the same problem with my left reading light (I have the same set that DPlayboy made). sometimes it does it sometimes it does not. unless it bothers you a lot I wouldn't worry. and for what i have noticed all power inside the truck gets turned off by the computer a few minutes after you turn your truck off (except for the always on power outlet)

·
on line
3,262 Posts
Yeah i have that problem with one of the led bulbs being just barely on all the time.

all you have to do is switch the toggle to "off" when you get out of the car or when you dont want it on. It works to shut them off. Switching it to "auto" (or whatever) wont shut them off.

·
on line
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just thought that it was kind of strange...from what i understand LED's use a much smaller amount of electricity compared to incandescent bulbs...so it won't really drain my battery? Im no electrician...obviously...

·
on line
1,479 Posts
syndicate said:
Is this because the LEDs require such low current to emit light?
I guess the system keeps a small voltage to check for shorts or burn lights? there must be some technical answer to it. but yes LED's produce light by changing the orbits of electrons not by using resistance to warm up a filament so a small current will generate light

·
Premium Member
9,791 Posts
i actually noticed this last night when i got home. all three are doing it. They are the 9 LED festoons from superbrightleds.com also

1 - 8 of 8 Posts