Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
on line
896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not sure if this has been posted or not (did a search), but I found this interior bile rack from Delta
http://www.deltacycle.com/product.php?g=35#

It seems pretty sturdy, is cheap enough $119 (although I did find it for $70-90 on other sites) Comes with the 2 fork mounts. Plus I'm gonna try to mount some brackets on the loadwarrior to put it on there since the wife (accountant) and kids (2 lab puppies) like to go with me. Anyone heard of doing this mod, or had any experience with the Delta rack??

thanks

·
on line
3,592 Posts
yea might do a search on this site... one was MOD, for few bucks.. just using the tie hooks in back cargo floor.

I will have to make one, of those... simple.

·
on line
896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea but if I think I can get it for $70, I'll probably go with that. I just didn't know if anyone had heard of used this companies stuff before

·
on line
1,884 Posts
Chug said:
Or just toss up in the cargo basket topside.
The Horror!

Just toss a fine tuned cycling machine up into the cargo basket? On certain forums you would be shot. But then again some bikes cost more than a lot of peoples cars.

I carry my bikes up top but using thule's rack system. I'd like to put them inside but don't like removing my saddle/seat post. My tri bike does ride inside on its side if I don't have too much other crap with me.

·
on line
896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This is what I plan on doing.... Rogueclimber, you're right. I've got a Kestrel Talon SL tri bike and I am not keen on putting it up there on the top and leaving it there. What I plan on doing is, getting the Delta stableloader (http://www.blueskycycling.com/view_product.php?pid=1955&ref=GPS) for $78, then I will be getting the yakima boa system in addition to. I will but the boa system on the loadwarrior rack that I have (it will fit on the loadwarrior bars), so I can have it both ways, if I NEED to put it up top, it will be secure, but if I don't haev any passengers, I can just put it on the Delta rack. It's all about redundancy hehe :bounce:

·
on line
564 Posts
Chug said:
http://thenewx.org/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=4609&highlight=bike+rack+holder

this is one way to install them... I am looking at doing this, for mine. If I get the time.

Or just toss up in the cargo basket topside.
Yup, I built one of these racks for my bikes. It works great...very stable.

NO, please no bikes "tossed up in the cargo basket"!

Rob

·
on line
1,695 Posts

·
on line
3,592 Posts
Okay let me re-state that.. From Toss, to Bring up to the top in basket tied down for proper transport, using Proper Clamps Made for Wheels.

Then double check height, when going into parking lots & bridges. :)
Oh yea tree's too.

·
on line
896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ok everone, well I got the truck bed holder from performance bikes $59. I think I have found a way to keep the husky liner in and able to take the rack out easily. The kit even came with 2 bike fork holders. I know this isn't a huge mod, and it's been done dozens of times, but I'll take pics and post them (after I go see the Transformers movie :cheers: )

1 - 11 of 11 Posts