Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
on line
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, finally joing the X group with an 08 ' OR 6SPD Tech package Red Brawn. I'm excited. I be making some road trips for second job and one of the first mods I want to do is an intake, because any increase in MPG I can get is what I need right now. I have read the threads and the opinions. At this point I don't give S#@^% about the "whsitling noise" or noise in general. I am looking for the most HP gain with the best MPG. I had a hard time finding that becasue most comparisons have been about sound, wether it's actually true CAI or not. Regardless, If any insight on the best over all performance booster is available, I would really appreciate it. Thanks a lot.

·
on line
2,077 Posts
Best bet is to just go with a standard intake like the volant or k&n. Volant might be the best bet since it has an air box and does not allow warm engine bay air to enter the engine. Some have used an Amsoil air filter with them and seem to be very happy with the results.

·
on line
13 Posts
Forgive me, because I am new to the X scene. When you talk about a new intake, are you referring to the filter and duct/pipe that goes to the TB, or are you referring to an actual intake manifold?

·
on line
14 Posts
sorry, but whats a Tech pakage?
This is what somes in the Tech pakage? I believe they are the things that come with the SE and are optional on the OR.

Bluetooth® Hands-free Phone System
Rockford Fosgate-powered audio system with AM/FM/in-dash 6-CD changer
9 High-performance speakers, including 8" subwoofer
Steering wheel-mounted audio controls
Speed-sensitive volume
XM® Satellite Radio (automatic transmission models only)
MP3/WMA CD playback capability
Auxiliary audio input jack
Auto-dimming rearview mirror and digital compass

·
on line
13,467 Posts
"Forgive me, because I am new to the X scene. When you talk about a new intake"

CAI = COLD AIR INTAKE. Its the part of the engine that brings air into it. A new cold air intake will get more air to the engine and usually has a way better air filter. I got the amsoil air filter for my VOLANT. Do a search and you can see the part number for it.

·
on line
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yes Winzat10 that is correct on the Tech Package. Thanks a lot, I think I'll go ahead with the Volant

·
on line
1,574 Posts
9 speakers?!

...i have a K&N and love it. i love the sound. but the majority vote goes to volant

1 - 20 of 28 Posts