Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
on line
13,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will make spelling and or grammer mistakes. So kiss my white arse......

I installed my front spacers and rear deavers this weekend with thehelp of USMC and his nephew More or less the instal went well. Aside from Turtle stealing some of my nuts and my having to buy some [email protected] jk.

The back end wasnt too bad, deffinaty helped to have some extra hands and all the tool in USMC's garage. All i need now are my shims for the back end and when i get my shrocks stuff in a couple weeks ill be good to go.

Oh and thanks to the smart folks at nissan, i cant get an alignment till monday,,,,,,,,,ineed cam bolts. BASTARDS!

·
on line
237 Posts
mcampana......just busting your chops!!! :geek:

·
on line
13,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We have a butt load of pictures. Guess who took them all? USMC has em! You think i wanted to stop to take the time to snap some photos? I just wanted to get it all done and amke sure it was right!

I need shims in the rear end to correct the angle of the drive shaft. I have a little vibration between 35 and 40 mph. USMC has photos of that too.

i DO HAVE THIS TO SAY. It was fricking awesome to stand next to the open door when i was done! The bottom of the truck now comes up to my knee. Its just sweet now. More like a truck now, got rid of the mini van feel i had.

·
on line
1,361 Posts
mcampana said:
i DO HAVE THIS TO SAY. It was fricking awesome to stand next to the open door when i was done! The bottom of the truck now comes up to my knee. Its just sweet now. More like a truck now, got rid of the mini van feel i had.
Thats not to impressive if you are 5'2 :geek: :blackeye:

·
on line
400 Posts
i can finally use this icon.. :***: :compress:

(cross out middle finger)

·
on line
3,484 Posts
But the funniest line of the month, (While holding a 3/8 drive with a universal and after loosening a nut in a tough - hard to get to spot. He looks in amazement at the tool and says "This thing is like a dick with a knuckle!" You may have had to be there but we were laughing about it hours later. MC

·
on line
400 Posts
usmc xterra said:
But the funniest line of the month, (While holding a 3/8 drive with a universal and after loosening a nut in a tough - hard to get to spot. He looks in amazement at the tool and says "This thing is like a dick with a knuckle!" You may have had to be there but we were laughing about it hours later. MC
lol cant even image the laughter there considering how i :sign5: when i read this

·
on line
3,484 Posts
Well, at least if you don't have em already, Uh, but I bet they can wear out huh?

Ok I just got back from Spring shop.
Here is what I learn, In no way, should you ever expect to lift and not have to adjust the Angle of the rear end to the drive shaft. It will always tilt with a lift and it is always better to off set the tilt with shims or proper size. Why Calmini, AC, PRG or anyone does not include the shims is beyond me. Maybe they think you will like to hear your teeth rattle?

By chance if you want to try it like we did, Because "He" said we did not need shims (You seen the above pictures, it don't take a rocket scientist)
To correct the mistake you will need new U bolts, Center pins, Center pin spacers (To allow for shim) 3 degree Shims, and all the time to re do it all! Have fun! We will soon.

By trying it, you will trash the U bolts (Ya know you can't re use them) You will trash the center pins, and, you will still need the shims, 24 Each set.

Pretty expensive mistake I'd say. Lets see, about $75 Bucks to re do Plus the time, (Pay yourself 2 hours what you are worth) and there ya go!

However, had we had the spacers, and just put em in it would have cost us $24 and no time. And, it would have been right 1st time!

Warreen Spring is thinking of taking mine in, making a set of springs that fit right, look right (Length wise) fit right and lift it right. And offer it for sale for DIY install On your X kit to come with 2 leafs, Center Pins and Center pin spacers, New U bolts and SHIMS and directions. You keep your shackles and your overload intact. Who is game? Say about $200 we have yet to work up the springs, going to take some time to get it just right. Answer up in Suspension thread! MC

1 - 20 of 37 Posts