Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone!

I just moved to CT from HI and I'm looking to purchase an Xterra. I've looked at quite a few and I've narrowed it down to 2 and I would appreciate any opinions on the matter.

#1: 2008 Xterra S with 76k miles
#2: 2010 Xterra Off-Road with 102k miles

Both vehicles are from different dealers and approximately the same price at ~%13.5k, which seems a bit high for the '08.

Both are in very nice condition. So, assuming there isn't anything wrong mechanically with either vehicle, what would you recommend?

Thanks!

·
Registered
6,919 Posts
Howdy from Boston, and welcome to winter in New England, suckah! Check us out at the Northeast Xterra Club (NEXTerra.org) for local meetups and activities.

As to purchasing, that is a bit of a pickle - older with lower mileage, or newer with higher mileage. Mechanically not much (if anything) is different between the 08 and 10 models, though physically there are some differences.

I suppose it depends on what you want to do - if it's just your daily driver, go for lower mileage. But if you want to hit the trails, the OR will have more appropriate equipment off the lot with a beefier rear differential and locker, better shocks, not to mention the roof lights. 102k is pretty high mileage (my 2010 has just 28k) but many Xterras here have passed that mark, we even have record of one hitting 300k. Not that the S is not capable off-road, it just doesn't have all the bells and whistles.

KBB for both a 2008 S and 2010 OR in "Excellent" condition is just over $15k so $13.5 seems to be a reasonable number. I'd question why the OR is lower than KBB value though.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Simsboring? My hometown! Of course in the last 40 years I've made all the way to E. Granby. Do you have plans for modding your 2011?

Welcome,
Scott

·
Registered
385 Posts
I can't help with the place, I've done most of my work in the driveway. Darn X is too tall to fit in the garage. I still have a diff cover, two towing mirrors and front mud flaps to install when it warms up or I talk my gear head buddy to make room in his. RI sounds like fun, but I work Tuesdays, so Monday nights are impractical for me. Now that hunting seasons over a Sat. mod day could work.

Scott

·
Registered
385 Posts
Thanks T.P.O., I'll keep an eye out for a date. Even of more interest, I'm hoping to make it to one of your intro/basic welding classes this summer.

Scott

1 - 10 of 10 Posts